Look what followed me home today: 1985 F250 Explorer

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty nice, pretty clean Bullnose Centurion F250. Some folks have been pestering me about selling my dually, and this was a pretty neat truck that probably suits my needs better than my PSD. It hasn't been licensed since 2017, and I had to put a starter in it but I drove it home today.

Attachments

• Interior back seat.jpg
    Interior back seat.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Interior passenger side.jpg
    Interior passenger side.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Passenger front pic.jpg
    Passenger front pic.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Drivers side wash.jpg
    Drivers side wash.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Front pic.jpg
    Front pic.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 25

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's just something about that truck that makes it look amazing.
Thanks. I’m not sure I’d call it amazing, just rare these days to find a one owner, very close to completely original exterior with a period correct camper top.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I have to say yes. I don't know what it is, but something makes me think it is amazing looking. Maybe everything about it just looks "right".

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a diesel? How many miles? Appears to be in very good condition, well maintained.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it a diesel? How many miles? Appears to be in very good condition, well maintained.
Yes, it’s a diesel, 147K on it. Normally aspirated 6.9 IDI with a C6 automatic behind it. It’s a little confusing as it’s an XL, but it’s got all the options (a/c, power windows, power locks, cruise control, tilt wheel) plus all the Centurion extras like the wood trim on the doors and center seat console, plus overhead console with a cobra CB and a bunch of switches that I haven’t figured out what they’re function is yet.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice truck!!! I could “store” it for you if you are needing room!!! LOL…. Bulls are my favorite bodystyle!!

One thing to remember on the Bulls and older, the “package” doesn’t mean as much as the Brick to Present.

We had an 83 F-150 RC 4x4 351/C6 that was a “no package” truck. It only said F-150 on the fender, and the spot above the radio was blank (No Custom/XL/XLT). But the way it was ordered, it had the 351, 4:10 Limited Slip front and rear (Yes that was a real option on the 150, most have only seen it on the order forms), Tilt, A/C, Chrome Rear Step Bumper, the basic radio with 1 speaker, vinyl seat, manual windows/locks, rubber floor, but had the. $1500 Victoria Paint Package (like what IDIBronco has) The LS worked, it would spin all 4 wheels, and on the floor it might do 75…..

This was still in the day, when ordering, you could just go through and check, I want this, and this, but not this, and this…. Etc

My favorite Ford Truck Body Styles are

#1 - 80-86 Bullnose
#2 - 78-79 “Square Headlight” Trucks
#3 - 99-04 SuperDuty’s
and I have gotten really fond of the 11-14 and 15+ F-150’s…..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online