Look what daddy got

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I agree 100% with Brad on the 351's in first gen Lightnings. It was on Trucks not too long ago.

Throw a remote mount STS on there and look OUT!

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
hmmmmm and it runs pretty well or no?
I am building 2 fe 390's at the time, and if I could get away with buying a reasonably running core that'd get my project jumping alot quicker.

let me know if you're interested in parting with it and pm me a price.

later
Drew

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
hmmmmm and it runs pretty well or no?
I am building 2 fe 390's at the time, and if I could get away with buying a reasonably running core that'd get my project jumping alot quicker.

let me know if you're interested in parting with it and pm me a price.

later
Drew

Reaction score
Why is it so many people want my 390? I remeber when you could nto give them away. This one was feshly rebiult shortly before I bought the truck. It sure is a clean engine. I have had others try to buy it but I could be willing to talk a serious price. In all honesty, now that I am going with the small block I have no use for that old FE.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
The hp numbers on the Boss 9 kit engines are screamin! On Powerblock tv Stacey from trucks did an episode on the Boss 429 history and what Kaase is doin to bring the 9 back to life. Brought tears to my eyes haha. We have an original Boss 429 stang sittin in our barn hehe

Reaction score
Originally I was going to biuld a 429 power monster and drop it in that 67 crew cab. That Boss kit would have been a perfect power adder for it. All that power and you can drive it on the street. Damn...

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
I dunno why people want them.
I've always been an FE guy, even moreso than a diesel guy.

Just seemed like a good idea to me, I'm slowly building an engine and do not want to cut any corners but I also want my truck running NOW!
So it seemed a smart thing to do was get a running motor while I build the other engine over the next year.

Drew

Reaction score
I have always been a fan of the FE's as well. They are great torquers and work great in my off road rigs. I was looking forward to dropping the one I have in this Ranger. But a 390 with a four speed would not be a good daily driver.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
You have a quarter of a million dollar car?

Oh yea! All original except some engine mods and has different wheels and tires. You wont believe what my dad paid for it. Traded a 64 galaxie hardtop and $1000 bucks for it back in the early 70's. Back then during the gas crunch it was just a gas hogging muscle car that no one wanted. He used to take it to car shows and drag races. Its probably one of the highest mileage boss 429's that I know of. Has over 30k on it. Body is in really good shape for how old it is and it was a daily driver for awhile. Interior is PERFECT. Still has the space saver tire with the cylinder of air to air it up too. He put different exhaust on it and has some engine stuff done to it. Sounds like a top fuel dragster. He actually put hinges on one of our basement walls to keep it down in our basement. It was locked up in our basement since 1984. It was actually brought out into the light about 5yrs ago for the first time and I got to ride in it my first time. WOW! Will light the tires up in all the gears. One of these days he might let me drive it haha. Im almost 30 damn it! Time to let me drive her! We always watch barrett jackson to see what they are goin for. ;Sweet

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
My brother has a 67 390 GT mustang that screams! Has a c6 auto with a shift kit and will scratch all the gears. I love me some FE's! My van has a 460 in it with some engine mods and it scoots for a big 4x4 monster. I keep thinkin of that damn boss 9 kit all the time for one of my many projects.