light buzzer?

firehawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simple question. Do these (specifically my 93) have a buzzer if you leave the lights on with no key? Mine does not, but I would think it should.

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
I need one, Becuase I have a bad habit of leaving them on, then having to walk back and turn them off

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Well there's different versions of the "buzzer box:" key in - door open, lights on - key out - door open, etc...

Someone may have disconnected yours, or it could just need cleaned up.

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has a box that can easily be plugged and unplugged under the center of teh dash. It lets me know when a door is open and I think buzzes for lights, not 100% though. Mine is usually unplugged because my truck is ALWAYS undergoing maintenance haha

racin460

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Between the ash tray and the gas peddle up under dash it a little white box. You know when you see it it has a round spot on it like a speaker.

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Chances are it's a buzzer, and someone got annoyed by it and disconnected it.

My '89 F150's buzzer was disconnected when I got it, as well as my newly bought F350.

Never had a Ford with a dinger though. I know the XLT's had that tho I never had a higher end Ford truck :D

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW I don't know what the buzzer part number is, but I have a dinger that I pulled off a parts truck...the batter was connected, so I know for a fact that it dinged and didn't buzz :D (like HS108, I need a reminder, but the buzzing was getting annoying :angel: ) The part number for the dinger is E6AB-10D840-A1A...there's an upside-down triangle (almost looks like a "V" ) next to the E; I don't know whether or not that's important...

FWIW it should chime/buzz when the door's open and the key's in the ignition and/or the lights are on, and IIRC it's also supposed to chime for the first few seconds after you turn the key to "ON" if the seat belt isn't fastened...

You must be registered for see images attach

firehawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to grabbing a couple buzz/ding units from a junkyard, one from 97, and one from a 91. Being junk yard parts, it possible they are not original and that unit was missing from my truck. They both work when the ignition is turned on, but do nothing about when I leave the lights on, which was what I wanted. Any ideas on making it ding with the lights left on?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin