Lifter Brand?

MPatty

Reaction score
I am in the middle of a complete overhaul on my 7.3. The motor has about 210K on it and I am replacing the valve springs with Comp 910's. With this in mind I am leaning towards putting all new lifters in. Are there manufactures that are recommended or any that have seen premature failures?

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like many auto parts the are only a few manufactures of different parts that get repacked for different suppliers. Even Ford parts are not make by Ford but rather to their specs. So buy from a repuable pars store and you should be fine.

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
6.9 and 7.3 IDI lifters are one of the few parts that interchange with later engines. I know they fit the 7.3 Powerstroke and I believe they fit the 6.0 and 6.4 as well.
There have definitely been some ones to avoid. Motorcraft and International should be safe. I believe Mahle is ok but do your research don’t take my word. You have a larger audience to sample. Some folks on here that I would listen to would be Thewespaul (Classic Diesel Designs),Typ4, and icanfixall. Probably several I forgot to mention. Check your cam for pitted lobes. You are going to raise the load on the lifters don’t skimp. If you need a cam contact typ4.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
6.9 and 7.3 IDI lifters are one of the few parts that interchange with later engines. I know they fit the 7.3 Powerstroke and I believe they fit the 6.0 and 6.4 as well.
It seems that I've heard they fit the 6.7 PSD as well. I do know that they were also used in the 6.2/6.5 GM diesels (maybe the 4.3 and 5.7 but I'm not sure) and some type of big block Oldsmobile. They were really used in a lot of different applications.