lift question???

should_i

Reaction score
well i found this amazing custom leaf spring shop out in B.C and well duh i dont have leafs up front, im not going to tell u the lift yet but mabey u can gess it haha, well annnyywho what kinda work is involved in changing from front springs to leafs? im a great welder so that not a problem. ohh right and the truck is a 89 f350 (it think, i havent quite bought it yet its just a idea for now) dually with a 7.3 diesel
p.s sorry bout the spelling iv been up all night working :p
thanks guys

1dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh, are you really sure that f-350 doesn't have leaf springs under the front already?

should_i

Reaction score
that i am not.. if i weather EVER clears up im going to go get that beast and bring her home. mabye its a f250??? wat modles/year/what ever else did they have leafs front and back??

should_i

Reaction score
sorry about the screewwwed up info here. ill try to find out exactly what is is

should_i

Reaction score
well omg i hope its 4x4 it would save me soo much work but if not ill work haha.

1dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if its not 4x4 and you are going to go through all the trouble to put leaf springs in maybe convert it to 4x4

should_i

Reaction score
ahh well i when to talk to the guy and look at the truck. truck IS a 2x4 sadly but oh well. its a 4 door 5 speed and has independent suspension... well i still love the truck so i asked him how much, and WOW he told me get if off my proporty and its urs. i know this guy and the truck an i jumped on the deal so im getting it this week and next week im puttin stacks on it, inspecting it, and insuring it :p

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a tip - inspect and insure it BEFORE you put the stacks on, just to be on the safe side ;)

Also, if you're a good welder then converting it to 4x4 should not be an issue, as long as you got the budget to accommodate for axle and transfer case and driveshafts cost. I'd personally leave it coil sprung for the nice ride quality, and build radius arms like the '70s trucks have.

By the way, does that shop you found by any chance happen to be "Evolution Machining & Fabrication"?

should_i

Reaction score
Just a tip - inspect and insure it BEFORE you put the stacks on, just to be on the safe side ;)

Also, if you're a good welder then converting it to 4x4 should not be an issue, as long as you got the budget to accommodate for axle and transfer case and driveshafts cost. I'd personally leave it coil sprung for the nice ride quality, and build radius arms like the '70s trucks have.

By the way, does that shop you found by any chance happen to be "Evolution Machining & Fabrication"?

thats thats good advice. i can do the welding but my budget is..well sad haha so ill leave it 2 wheel drive till i save up my pennys. an no the shop i was looking at is "customsuspention" they make monster leaf springs. they made a chevy short box singal cab a 30" lift. tippy but wow

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
ahh well i when to talk to the guy and look at the truck. truck IS a 2x4 sadly but oh well. its a 4 door 5 speed and has independent suspension... well i still love the truck so i asked him how much, and WOW he told me get if off my proporty and its urs. i know this guy and the truck an i jumped on the deal so im getting it this week and next week im puttin stacks on it, inspecting it, and insuring it :p

hey bro i am up here in fort nelson, b.c if you happen to find another cc obs please let me know

should_i

Reaction score
hey papabear i know where there is a 93 f 350 4 door dually but the price is high $7800 for it. but its in DAM good condition. and thanks for all the help guys. ill be picking it up saterday, ill ppost some pics

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt ever convert from coils to leafs, the coils will ride nicer any day of the week and if you want to create more travel coils are cheaper than leafs. For compairson a set of Deaver / National leaf springs will cost you about 700 bucks new, while some Eibach Coils are on the order of like 300 a pair.