LIft Kits

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 1992 ext cab long box 7.3L f250. I am wondering if anyone has a lift kit for this unit for sale, or is there anyone out there that makes a body lift kit for it, id prefter one but alls i see is not for the diesel, why is this. help would be greatly appreciated.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lift kits you're looking at are not for diesels probably cause the springs they come with ain't thick enough to support the (much higher) weight of a diesel engine - nothing that can't be fixed by adding a few leafs, or installing stiffer coils (if you're going that way). As far as I know there are no dimensional differences between the diesel and gas trucks when it comes to suspension component lengths and mounting points, tis just the diesel is one fat pig of an engine and a regular F250 lift springs may make your front squat like it gots a big plow on it.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
a 2' kit will work even tho they say not for diesel apps.
But a lesser expensive route is to grab a bax of hockey pucks and all that has to be done is to snag some longer bolts.
Anything over 2" will create clearance issues with the firewall and the motor.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think you could get a suspension lift still. Is no one selling them, even for the 97's? Like Ron said, the body lifts say "not for diesel" because of the engine/firewall clearance issue, but many of us are running them with no problems.

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3" Body lift = Hitting things with hammer that you cant even see - If you do look though, you'll get a great view of that engine oil debris flying towards your eye ;)

tractorman86

Reaction score
you can get a "4" rough country lift for like 600 or a rancho for 1100w/rs9000 shocks. thats what i have but it is stiff as all hell up front

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how high do you want to go? my 92 f350 has 2" add-a-leafs with a 3" body lift and cut out fender flares and i run 37/12.50r16"s they arent even close to rubbing and if my trk sat level, it would clear 38.5"s no problem. i will soon lift the frt 2 inches so it does sit level.

ProjResponder

Reaction score
I've got a set of 6" front springs and some other various parts left over from my project. The springs are brand new superlift super-ride springs with bushings. $200 and they are yours :)

supervert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck is a 89 f250 ( was 2wd f250 x cab, now its a crew with a d60) on 38.5" pro comp xterrains and it rides like a caddy.

front= rear spring pack with a extra leaf, zero rate add a leaf ( plus it helps move the axle forward another inch) and a 1.5" forward 1.5" lift shackle reversal. also have high steer and a panhard bar that is the same length as my draglink and NO steering stabilizer. i have zero bumpsteer and zero d.w.

rear= shackle flip, and a 1" block ( still need a extra 1" to be level, gunna get a add-a-leaf )

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pedro, I have essentially the same truck as you do and I bought a 2" body lift and other than the drivers side exhaust manifold being really close to the firewall and the shifter for the transfer case needing a mild bend to clear the floor, it was very complete and easy to install. Everybody I talked to said 3" would make interference between the engine and firewall.

I thought about buying the blocks and longer bolts, but if I had it to do over again I would still buy the kit as it came with a steering extender and everything fit pretty good and was complete.

topgunn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pedro, I pit a 2" body lift on my 92 F350 c/c. Kit was not for diesel, but only problem was the driver side exhaust manifold hitting the body seam, the mating flange where top and bottom meet. If it looks like it might hit , bend it before you start. Once you start jacking up cab there isn't much room to work. The steering shaft extention comes in the kit from Performance. Rework your fan shroud as it goes up with the lift.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight