Leveling 93 F250 2WD

Mike_42

Kid Mechanic
Reaction score
Hey all, I want to level the front of my truck.

I don't offroad, tow or anything, just my daily driver work truck. I want it to be as smooth or smoother that stock while have some leveling. I started thinking to use airbags since I don't have leafs in the front.

Now I don't really know anything about how the suspension in these 2wd trucks work, or what the best thing to do is for leveling? Should I just buy new heavy duty shocks or something? I don't want to spend a lot.

Was looking at something like this.
http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7680

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I'm FAR from a suspension expert, but I'd think that you'd have problems trying to use these to lift your front end. First, I don't think that they are for lift, just for helper springs to "beef up" sagging springs (could be wrong on that one). Second, if you lift the front end of these trucks with the TTB (independent) front suspension, then you will throw your camber off because you're putting more space between the frame and the wheel hubs. Have you ever seen one of these trucks with the engine pulled out after it's been moved? The front tires lean out at the tops. My advice would be to try to lower the rear end of the truck instead of raising the front end.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's actually a great leveling kit, just look up Dana 60 swap!

I have the same truck as you and as much as I would like to level the truck there is no kit available for it and using different springs will compromise the handling, ride quality and ruin your alignment. My front end was really low and I did gain an inch by replacing worn out shocks and springs and replacing body mounts

Mike_42

Kid Mechanic
Reaction score
There's actually a great leveling kit, just look up Dana 60 swap!

I have the same truck as you and as much as I would like to level the truck there is no kit available for it and using different springs will compromise the handling, ride quality and ruin your alignment. My front end was really low and I did gain an inch by replacing worn out shocks and springs and replacing body mounts
I guess thats what it will take, ill be looking for a donor truck I guess, has anyone done a write up here before? Ill do some searching.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online