HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...and why I just purchased it. ;Really :rolleyes:
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

waytoomanytoys

Reaction score
that is call the lower ignition actuator and it is what attaches to the ignition lock cylinder ant the ignition switch pushrod and without it you wont be able to start your truck.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
that is call the lower ignition actuator and it is what attaches to the ignition lock cylinder ant the ignition switch pushrod and without it you wont be able to start your truck.

nice first post, welcome;Sweet

beat me to it to.....:D

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ding-ding-ding we have a winner...I'll be waiting for you to come over and instal it ;Sweet

Symptom...at times (especially in HOT weather) when I turn my ignition key to the start position(to where it stops) nothing will happen.
Then...I'll real quick turn it again and the starter will engage.

*Is it because this part is wearing out?
*PS never happens when the steering column is cool/cold.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I've never had to replace that part... Mine always breaks at the back of the key cylinder on the piece that holds the gear.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
mine does the same thing but only when its super cold out...and I think my clutch switch is out of adjustment cause i got to smash the pedal to the floor to get it to turn over...

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
You can get an electrical parts cleaner that you can spray into the column where the rod slides at. Clean all the old grease out of there and then spray it with WD 40, its electrical safe. That will solve your sticky switch problem when its cold. Dont put it off, or you WILL be replacing the fun little part pictured.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
That is the thingy that helps start yer truck,...Oh,...Someone beat me to 1t,..Oh well.

Just replaced it on Droopy, but I had a spare steering coulmn to steal it from.

memphisrain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like Oil Cooler PITA...? I did that too (crying)
What about the long rod...should I also get that part before I dig into it?
Part #?

I don't know about the oil cooler, never done one, but I had to tear the column all of the way down to replace it (I have tilt, it may make a difference). Word to the wise, just take the whole column out and tear it down on the bench or tailgate. I began to do mine while it was in the truck, but its hard to get to all of the screws, etc. It was much easier after I pulled the whole thing out.

You shouldn't need the long rod, as that is made out of steel, and not pot metal. If its fubared, you can make one out of 1/8th inch welding rod.

mR

memphisrain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine does the same thing but only when its super cold out...and I think my clutch switch is out of adjustment cause i got to smash the pedal to the floor to get it to turn over...

Your start switch may be out of adjustment. You can move it up and down the column to get the switch in the proper position. Or it could be the clutch switch like you suggested.

mR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online