legal issues of running wmo?

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, but who actually pulls people over for this? I cant believe the cops have any idea what they would be looking at, the state troopers are just as clueless. Who do we have to look out for, does anyone here actually know?

It would makes sense that's the Motor Carrier cops, cause they are as high as you can go in authority on the roads - they mainly deal with commercial traffic, so they have to know a whole lot more regulations and such than a regular state trooper (hence why I call them super-troopers, not with reference to the movie), and considering most commercial traffic is done with diesel rigs I'd imagine they know how to test the tanks of those... Still tho, I wouldn't think a Motor Carrier officer would waste their time with regular 3/4-ton and 1-ton diesels, considering the numbers of commercial trucks driving like complete a-holes.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
if you boys think the DOT and highway patrol don't know about died fuel just take a trip thru ohio. Oh and if you think they won't pull over a pick up what else do they have to do?

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What else they have to do? Pull over vehicles with MI plate of course, as that's exactly what they seem to occupy most of their time with! Every time I go through OH there's at least one HP cruiser getting on my ass and closing is as if to force me to speed up and break the limit, even tho plenty of their own pilots are flying by at like 50 over - trick never works tho, I learn to drive on a big rig and the first thing I was taught was to ignore anyone smaller than me willing to compensate for size with speed :D Anyhow...

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you boys think the DOT and highway patrol don't know about died fuel just take a trip thru ohio. Oh and if you think they won't pull over a pick up what else do they have to do?

so you are saying you have been pulled over and dipped? did they just pull you over on the interstate or what?

Paul

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
hell,i have been running a mixture of 50% used....I think oil....I get it outta the big tank at the parts house and 50% 87 octane in my deuce and a half.Smokes like a tar kettle.......let them catch me.With the price of fuel now,it is almost cheaper to pay the ticket than fill the tank with correct junk!

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well he got pulled over just west of cambridge on I-70 going by a truck weigh station. I can't remember the mile marker there but there is always at least a state patrol there. He had his programmer turned all the way up on stage 5 and was playing with another truck and he was puffing some smoke out then as he went by the weigh station and a dot truck pulled him over. He said he didn't pull over right away because he didn't know who it was. When he finally pulled over he said the guy was in a pissy mood. He has never been dipped before either but he says when he is seeing the dot trucks all the time now. Just aheads up to all going about that way. I havn't been stopped yet and I'm running 50/50 mix of wmo and diesel now, so if I get stopped I'll let you guys know what they say when get black fuel for a dip. LOL

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, but who actually pulls people over for this? I cant believe the cops have any idea what they would be looking at, the state troopers are just as clueless. Who do we have to look out for, does anyone here actually know?

I. R. S. AGENTS. They can use the local/state fuzz to help, but they are the one's who are prowling for you.

Heath

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone who cares, it is very easy to fill out the forms and pay road taxes for alternative fuel use in ohio - just go to this link and download the MF2 form and fill it out and pay $.28/gallon for wvo or bio you run in your truck. It is basically an honor system with no way (for now) they can keep track of it. But it would be VERY nice to have this taken care of with this form on hand if you do get stopped with a tank full of whatever. You have to write "alternative fuels payment" on top of the form so the money goes to the right place.
It sounds like they are really stepping up the enforcement on this issue, at least in ohio and some other states as well.

http://dw.ohio.gov/tax/dynamicforms/searchresults.asp

paul

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thing is, when running WMO the taxes have already been paid, unlike when you use WVO or bio-diesel. Motor oil is so regulated that i cant even get a military discount on it, i bet because of the taxes on it. So i am really not to worried about it, and anyone who runs WMO i would think wouldn't be either. It might not be road tax but im pretty sure you cant get taxed more than once on the same item, unless its like sales tax. With the price of fuel if anyone did care i think i would still come out ahead in the end, even with a fine.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
My buddy followed me done the road today, I had a 3126 CAT in the bed and I "made some smoke"....He said it was black but it smelled odd....LOL.....Must be the 15-40 and ATF mix...:rotflmao