legal issues of running wmo?

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
To hell with the government, we pay enough G.D. taxes now....Taxes were payed multiple times over on that WMO between getting it out of the ground, refined, trucked, used, removed and then burn't in your IDI....Burn it for spite, if they question you then tell them the engine is old and putting oil in the fuel....Quite common for a HUI engine...We know that's not the case for an IDI but I doubt the DOT moron's will know the difference.

just burn it big rig is rite as long as dot doesnt know about it dont go telling them

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the high visibility of this new "energy crisis" I doubt anybody would stop you. If they did, you could crucify them on the evening news. Folks can't feed their families because they have to drive to work. The first government action to try and stop some body from saving themselves from the Arabs is going to become a poster child for the next civil war, or at the very least a political upheaval. I heard this morining somebody predicts $10 a gallon in the near future. It that happens, this planet will stop spinning.

i see your point, and i do think it would not be very tasteful for the govt to pick this time to wage an all out war against road tax evaders (which, technically speaking, everyone is who runs wvo, wmo, bioidiesel, etc and doesn't get registered to pay road taxes and pay them) as it would cause quite a stir.
but then again, because so many people are running alternative fuels that means the govt is getting less road tax dollars - millions, perhaps tens of millions less per year and they must know this. So i tend to think that they will actually step up their enforcement of this issue, that's why i am trying to deal with the hassle of going through all the procedures & paperwork now.
But i still hope you are right!
Paul

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the dipping the tanks. I'm about an hour east of columbus and they are dipping tanks here now. Not just big rigs but mostly 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. My buddy got dipped just the other day. First time I've seen that around here.

bigrigdom

Reaction score
so i am a little uneducated about all of these different fuels. what is wvo, wmo and biodiesel. these are different from veggie oil correct? if you run veggie oil you wouldnt have to worry about getting "dipped" or gettin in trouble would you? sorry to get a little off topic. thanks guys.
Dom.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
i see your point, and i do think it would not be very tasteful for the govt to pick this time to wage an all out war against road tax evaders (which, technically speaking, everyone is who runs wvo, wmo, bioidiesel, etc and doesn't get registered to pay road taxes and pay them) as it would cause quite a stir.
but then again, because so many people are running alternative fuels that means the govt is getting less road tax dollars - millions, perhaps tens of millions less per year and they must know this. So i tend to think that they will actually step up their enforcement of this issue, that's why i am trying to deal with the hassle of going through all the procedures & paperwork now.
Paul
Paul not everywhere, here in NC they made a law last year that allows home brewers to use it in their vehicles tax free. something about only being $40 per year.

so i am a little uneducated about all of these different fuels. what is wvo, wmo and biodiesel. these are different from veggie oil correct? if you run veggie oil you wouldnt have to worry about getting "dipped" or gettin in trouble would you? sorry to get a little off topic. thanks guys.
Dom.
WVO = waste veg oil, WMO = waste motor oil, Biodiesel = converted veg oil(waste or fresh or animal fat) to diesel.

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the dipping the tanks. I'm about an hour east of columbus and they are dipping tanks here now. Not just big rigs but mostly 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. My buddy got dipped just the other day. First time I've seen that around here.

that's what i was afraid of.
could you share any more info about it - like where he got dipped and who did the dipping (state police, DOT or what)?
I mean, did they actually have road block on an interstate, or at a highway rest stop or what?
i have read that they often select roads where there is heavy truck traffic, like near a coal mine, construction site or whatever.
thanks,
Paul

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Who pulled him over, and who did the dipping - DOT inspectors, State Police, Motor Carrier super-troopers, who? I have the policy of not stopping for an unmarked vehicle, unless I'm sure it's legit (can easily tell if tis a real police cruiser, takes lots of work to impersonate one), and most DOT vehicles I've seen here are unmarked, in the sense they're something like a bubble Taurus with decals only on the sides cookoo Sucks if your guys target regular diesel trucks tho, methinks they should be directing their attention to those owned by business entities of some sort, basically look at the truck and if there ain't no company decals on it let it be. Also, if you got the bio at a gas station, it already has the tax on it, so they can take their dipsticks and shove them you know where :D

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know if they dip here in Cali, but if they did all they would see in my tank is black... Dont really care if it happens because it is somewhat legal, plus the government got the tax on the oil anyways so its paid for in full as far as im concerned.

If one day i do get dipped, i will also get pulled over for gross polluting too.. :peelout

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul

It would be ironic if they tried to prosecute somebody for running their own fuel and at the same time provide the "tax vacation" that is being proposed for this summer. cookoo

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who pulled him over, and who did the dipping - DOT inspectors, State Police, Motor Carrier super-troopers, who?:D

TAX COPS...........the freak'n IRS. They want every last stinking cent.:backoff :puke:

Heath

Last edited:

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, but who actually pulls people over for this? I cant believe the cops have any idea what they would be looking at, the state troopers are just as clueless. Who do we have to look out for, does anyone here actually know?

sassyrel

Reaction score
No, but who actually pulls people over for this? I cant believe the cops have any idea what they would be looking at, the state troopers are just as clueless. Who do we have to look out for, does anyone here actually know?
thems boys aint as clueless as you think!!!!! wed like to believe they are dopes--but they know how to give tickets for no reason whatsoever--dont they????? and in iowa--the dot jackarsses have more authority than the hp----serious--from a hp friend---

tractorman86

Reaction score
in the sw region it has to be HP/DOT/DPS ,all the same here. the other departments can pull you over and hold you till a dps officer arives to check you

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats DPS, also what is the reason for them pulling you over? Suspicion of running illegal fuel?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online