leaky injector line

hallgren87idi

Reaction score
so i found my issue, i didnt know my injector line was leaking this bad, i knew it seeped, but today when i looked, i could see bubbles forming and when i give it throttle it will shoot out. so anyhow, what is the easiest way to fix an injector line leak? its only 1, the front easiest one to get to.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well I will need more information before I can give you exact ways to fix this. I need to know what cylinder this is. Heres some help determining which cylinder is which. Look at the intake manifold port runners near the heads. About between the two bolts that holds that port to the head is a casting mark telling you what cylinder that is. Or know this. The drivers side from the radiater to the firewall is numbered 2-4-6-8. On the passenger side its 1-3-5-7. I prefer to use the passanger or drivers side because meny feel right and left depends on where your sitting or standing. Are you running the line vibration clamps on the hard lines. There are 2 per side of the engine. Never rty running without these. You will break a line. I hope this helps you and helps others understanding the cylinder placement on these engines. I have both new and used hard lines if you want one. Just need to know what line you need.

hallgren87idi

Reaction score
its the drivers side and its the front line, so itd be 2. and i dont think its the whole line, its just where it connects to the injector. and im sure everything is on that is supposed to be on, ive never had it apart

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ok, Thanks for the cylinder id. That is cylinder number 2. If you want a new or used line for that cylinder send me a pm and we will talk price. A factory new line will cost around $45.00 thru a few ebay sellers. Ford or International will probably charge twice that amount. It sounds like yours cracked below the nut at the injecter. Sad to tell you this but thats a tuff line to reach without the special 5/8 inch deep socket thats been cut open to fit. They are 3/8 drive and if you think you can make one give it a try. You will need a thin cutoff wheel on a hand grinder. You just cut the socket from the hex end up to just behind the drive end. Keep fitting it to any injecter line on the pump till its make to fit. Those are very expensive to buy too. Or skip making a socket and just remove all the lines on top of that line. That number 2 is the bottom of the pump and makes getting at very tuff but its doable.