leaky injector line, hard start.

notenuftime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my new pump in for a couple weeks now truck runs great found a couple leaks tighten up and was fine. started the truck today and had a really rough start engine knock then went to idle and by the way its really cold out. after I got home today I popped the hood and found two lines where they connect to pump a little damp and a little bit of fuel on the valley pan. I put a wrench on them and where nice and tight my thoughts are that maybe when I put my new vibration dampeners on which seemed extreamly tight they may haved unseated them from the pump. any one find new clamps to seem to tight and I don't figure that you have to really tighten down the injector lines just tight enough.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i don't see how the line clamps can cause your hard line threads to the ip to weep.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have the line clamps off for a period of time? If it was run for several months without clamps, the lines may have hairline cracks in them. Been there, done that. I only had one clamp missing and in a couple of months one line cracked and leaked.

notenuftime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see any leaks coming from the lines, I can see fuel around the threads. going to pull them tomorrow and try reseating them. when I bought the truck it only had two sets of clamps on it could having no clamps on some of the lines cause them to leak at the pump?.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Members online