leaking passenger side head gasket

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
I tend to agree with towcat that the rods and mains are unneccessary maintenance items at 130,000 miles. They usually do not break in this application unless the motor is severely abused or run out of oil. Also, not knowing you or your skill level, what are the chances that just by virtue of you messing with it, something might not go back together right and crap might break. You can disregard that if you're an experienced home mechanic or mechanic by trade.... I wouldn't want to insult you, but for me as a novice it would be a huge worry. Even so, do you really want to do all that work if you don't really need to? Those items might be needed if the truck has little to no oil pressure or bad knocking noises. Now is the time to address this. I'd say you can come by a clutch kit for that T19 for around $120 brand new on ebay if you look, thats what I was seeing when I was looking for the disk only... Now about the ARP studs, they're great for performance capability and for a 6.9, actually quite affordable, but you MUST follow Gary's advice about torqeing and retorqueing the studs the specified number of times, and you really have to make sure your torque wrench is on the money. It seems like thats how people...experienced home mechanics that know a lot more about these engines than I've forgotten, have screwed up with the studs.
You should have a price list like this
Intake gasket $65.00
Head gasket/set $120.00
ARP Studs $229.00
Machine shop work $150
Misc. $50
Total $504

im a professional diesel technician who doesnt know to much about these engines and what there common problems are but no offence take ive done inframes on cats and cummins doing all this work doesnt bother me one bit so i appreciate the concerned i just want to get ahead of the game and take care of issues before they become a problem and ur pricing are about rite so thanks a bunch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin