Leaking injector(s)

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
Hey guys got the injection pump on & is running great.;Sweet

Other then the face I have a bad leaky inj or 2. Tightened em up but no luck, replaced return lines & O rings last year. O rings & little boot is good. I am thinking the copper washer is bad. Anyone else have this issue & tricks?

Please help me out guys, I would like to get this thing running leak free. I do love my new pump though. :D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
What do you mean by a leaky injector or two. Talking about the copper gaskets means some trouble. Did you remove the injectors and not replace the copper gaskets?? If so you can't reuse them safely unless.... You anneal them and check them for cuts or carbon dents. Hold the copper in a flame till its blue, then drop in cold water. Clean them with scotchbrite or a kitchen scrubby. Rub both sides on a smooth cut file to take off any bumps. When flat and copper clean. Install them... But next time replace them. Then you wont be doing this again. Other than that whats leaking???:dunno

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
Alright we pulled the injector out & discovered the threads on the top got Fed up 6 ways to Sunday. Ran a die down it & got the threads straight & screwed it down. Still leaking after that so we pulled it off & threw some pig puddy on it & that finally stopped the leak. But for some reason there seems like there is a slight leak coming from some where or it's still fuel draining out of the valley from the last mess.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what pig puddly is or whatever, but injector lines to injectors don't need any kind of sealer. You should bite the bullet and replace that injector and line if needed.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
I have no idea what pig puddly is or whatever, but injector lines to injectors don't need any kind of sealer. You should bite the bullet and replace that injector and line if needed.

I know they don't need any type of sealer but it needed it to get me back on the road. Funds are tight & I don't have the funds for a new set of injectors at this time. Top that off it's my daily driver & needs to be road worthy. I'll get a set of injectors sooner or later when funds allow.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gare, I've had injectors get loose in the head before, it made for loss of compression and slight misfire but I never had any fuel leaks. Are you sure the injector itself ain't leaking?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The fuel wll leak down int the injector well in the head. The copper gasket at the bottom will keepit from going anywhere. Then it wll just burn off over time. Any wrecking yard usually has an idi or two so just buy a line off those motors. What cylinder is this anyway. Maybe a member has an "extra" laying around doing nothing and can help you out...

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
It is running good now. I'm done with this site I don't fit in around here & I'm not logging back in. I won't come in here & bother you people anymore with my questions & Redneck ways.

Feel free to delete my account on here for I will no longer be needing it.