Lead em to water..but no go

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My friend bout a 90 ex cab F250 4x E4OD 7.3

Truck runs well no blow by used to start easy and well.

He is good fella. Not lot money..so ran outta fuel several times...u know what drill goes on...crank forever to star the truck.

Well that killed his batteries. I explained these trucks are not conducive to running outta fuel....

So bought new batteries...no idea on which ones....now still has issues...*****:rotflmao

Told him he would need new starter too and now it appears something drains batteries overnight...bad diode in alt or VR buggered perhaps.

Keeps asking for help ....wont listen....asked for boost...but u hqve new batteriez...if you chatge them they should work. If not get a starter before you.....wait..you likely already effed your new batteries.

cookoo

Some just dont listen

Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my rules are simple. i am paid to help those in need. those who don't listen to my advice to stay out of trouble, are charged exponentially to compensate for my aggravation.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
some people.... I had i guy ask me today, "hey have you ever changed a solenoid? " I thought long and hard before i answered. Thinking to myself, *** is he even talking about? there are solenoids on just about everything! So i calmly reply, nope I dont know how that works. LOL and he went on his way LOL

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he needs a small 4 cyl 30+ mpg car,not a hd truck but despite not being able to afford fuel,he'll probably just keep chasing his tail lol.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update...

Was offered truck today....500 bucks he paid 1500

He has for all intents and purposes kinda sorta killed it.

Drove to Alberta and was there a while...came back rear most U joint barfs...drops rear section of drive shaft....hosed yoke on diff...may..A BIG MAY be able to re ujoint rear shaft and yoke in diff.

No idea where this misshap took place ...but based on visual ques...ujoint aint seen grease for a long long long time.

So locks front hubs...drives w rear shaft off...short shaft still in tcase and steady bearing btw

My guess...is tcase pump died and or was low on fluid cause his front shaft looks like a broken twizzler all twisted up....smashed out auto shift linkage and the neutral safety switch...probajly siezed up in tcase...dunno..

U joints in D50 are toast too...

So 500 bones....I get a good NA Zero blowby engine....

Thinking Pull engine..swap into my truck...install turbo from my truxk onto engine.

Toss my trucks engine as NA into other truck.

I have a front drive shaft for certain...I have a Tcase...for certain....It may be I have required shifter parts and NS switch too. That leaves rear most shaft and a pinion yoke...check on yoke...may have a rear shaft..

Truck even has an old 8k warn winch on it too..

Sell truck for a grand....or even 1500 lol

Kinda sorta thinking ya..