Ken Contact

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Actually Ken told me our heads flow better than a Powerstrokes heads and that he can make an IDI walk all over a Chipped powerstroke.He already has a Super pump.3 to be exact and no that ain't the top secret project....neener neener neener!Aso for the pumps,He has stock(80-90CC fuel),Turbo Spec(aka Stage 1 120-130CC fuel),Stage 2(Ummm,he didn't say how much fuel but it is about the limit for Streetability),and Stage 3(400+CC fuel flow).only down side is price.Stage 2 he said was over a grand,and stage 3 was a "Couple Grand" but with that much flow you still come out cheaper than comparible Stroker injectors!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea. Appearantly he has one or two customers that are avid IDI pullers. What I want to know is, who are they, and why aren't they here?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Mel,

Not to say this fits everyone (stereotypes) but from my conversations with guys that engage in sometype of amature or sideline motorsports (meaning the work a full time job somewhere) they either don't have time to sit down in front of a computer or don't know enough about computers to engage in conversation on BBS (basically scared a little by them).

Again this is not a slam but just what I have seen personally and not saying that you boys that are here and engaged in various motorsports aren't into your hobby nor trying enough... (did I cover all the basis to be totally politically correct?)

I agree though with what your saying in that we should have these boys on here exchanging ideas because all of us can learn something from their trials - lord knows they would make my treatment of The Enterprise look like childs play.... An lordy lordy the stories they could tell...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Travis, your probably right. Makes me remember what it was like to own an IDI back in the 80's and early 90's though. Just me against the world. Pick up a magazine, see an add, and that's about all the knowledge exchange you had. I have a friend who runs this site http://www.angelfire.com/extreme2/eastpulling/ and he has a rudimentary chat board. I suspect a lot of guys into competition, only listen and never speak.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ah the good ole days of just winging it... Then one night bored on the net I stumbled upon you guys then all hell broke loose with me... I was perfectly content in my NA setup thinking there were no performance enhancements that a guy could do to a diesel... so come to think of it the old clan from F-D were the ones that I should blame....

:mad: you were one of them... :draw ;p LOL :angel:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Ya to think a 6.0L is what got me where I am with diesels. :eek:
Since I have listened to y'all spending my money am also considering some of Ken's goodies but need to get things back together first.
Also thinkin' I WAS content with the N/A trucks. :Sly

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
icanfixall said:
Only two real things that will make our IDI a real beast. DI heads or one really tweeked pump. We already have the turbo, pistons, rods, water/ **** injection, propane and nitrous. What else could it be with 21 1/2 to 1 compression... Any guesses.....

DI heads came to mind for me too (kinda ruled it out cuz it be prohibitivly expensive)....... i dont think a supercharger would be possible (or sane)... non-ghetto-redneck-held-together-by-duct tape-and dryer-vent cold air induction? other big possibility that i was thinking of was something camshaft related.....dual turbo setup maybe...... ok suspense is killing me.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
It more than likely involves an inline injection pump because with those you can push some serious fuel.

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
ok so after doing some research...... so this modified inline pump is going to have a seperate valve for every cylinder controlling fuel versus a single valve (our current setup...) hmmm interesting. wonder if new hardlines are going to be needed.... oh the possibilities....... :love:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online