kali CL truck anyone?

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
nice looking truck for a nice price... i wonder about the "head gasket sealer" and what else may be wrong with it. awfully cheap for "130k miles"

looks like it's set up for towing.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
what's the deal with the "Industrial strength head gasket sealer ($230.00)" tho?

Means the thing has a leaking head gasket and he paid someone $230 to flush out the cooling system and run a can of K&N block sealer through it and refill with 50/50.
In other words, repairs needed soon.... but considering the 4x4, low miles, region, condition of the rest of it, and the other extras on the thing, needing a head gasket job doesn't seem too bad at that price.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
lemme tell ya sparky, there's nothing like a California body (wink wink nudge nudge ok i meant truck body). it makes the fixing or repairing daily all worth it when the nuts and bolts come loose like new. they make for good conversation too.

someone should go for it. that's a good deal. i thought i got a good deal but that there is a good deal even if it needs an engine.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
..................I can only drool over that thing. Oh my goodness, I want it so fricking bad its unbelievable. Gear vendors, crewcab, 4x4 with DANA 60.

I could fricking buy that thing up, go and throw my turbo, exhaust, and gauges on it, convert my truck back to N/A and there I go. One can only dream LOL

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd buy it for parts (front axle, gear splitter, wheels, heaven knows what else that I can't think of off the top of my head) if I had the money... -Drool

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd buy it for parts (front axle, gear splitter, wheels, heaven knows what else that I can't think of off the top of my head) if I had the money... -Drool
"if I had the money".....liar:eek::D
this really should become your next DD.
betcha you could walk away with it for $2500. and if it ever needs parts, you have your SC.
one thing for sure, the shakeout of diesel owners is here. those who are panicking over fuel prices and dumping their rides as a result will impact the market for a short time. When the truth becomes apparent of the feeding versatility of mechanically injected motors, the run will stop and prices will rise to the point where the average guy(most of us here) won't be able to afford one. MBZ diesels is the prefect example of this situation. it is priced where those who understand the cars will buy it and those who don't will say they're too expensive. what a MBZ doesn't have going for it is the cost of replacement parts on the rest of the chassis. we don't have that problem with our trucks.
there is absolutely no reason why this truck should be priced they way it is. fear and uncertainty is the only reason. the sum of the parts exceeds the asking price of this truck. one thing for sure in Kali, parking one of these monsters is a real PITA. If you do own a CC, you better have a really good reason to. for me, the space is unbeatable.

zpd307

Reaction score
If you do own a CC, you better have a really good reason to. for me, the space is unbeatable.

how about soon to be three kids, all in car seats? both my 03 and 90 have more room in the back seat than our "full size sedan" impala. talking about the fuel prices, why do you think i cant sell my 03......:mad: anyway, i wish mine looked like that, the lack of rust that is.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"if I had the money".....liar:eek::D
this really should become your next DD.
betcha you could walk away with it for $2500. and if it ever needs parts, you have your SC.
one thing for sure, the shakeout of diesel owners is here. those who are panicking over fuel prices and dumping their rides as a result will impact the market for a short time. When the truth becomes apparent of the feeding versatility of mechanically injected motors, the run will stop and prices will rise to the point where the average guy(most of us here) won't be able to afford one. MBZ diesels is the prefect example of this situation. it is priced where those who understand the cars will buy it and those who don't will say they're too expensive. what a MBZ doesn't have going for it is the cost of replacement parts on the rest of the chassis. we don't have that problem with our trucks.
there is absolutely no reason why this truck should be priced they way it is. fear and uncertainty is the only reason. the sum of the parts exceeds the asking price of this truck. one thing for sure in Kali, parking one of these monsters is a real PITA. If you do own a CC, you better have a really good reason to. for me, the space is unbeatable.

Very well put Towcat: the Benz and diesel VWs are proving your point perfectly, I can't believe what kind of monies folks are getting for a decent diesel Jetta right now.

That is a great rig that could easily be kept roadworthy with simple preventive maintenance. I am really starting to look hard for a crewcab, and although I've been looking at Powerstrokes (newer, lower mileage, more powerful, I don't have one yet, etc) if I was closer I would be very interested in that truck. Parking is tough, but worth it in my book as I also like the benefit of all the room.

If somebody on this forum doesn't end up with that truck something is wrong.

zpd307

Reaction score
lotza, you wanna buy mine. my sister lives over by seattle and that would make a great reason to go over there and visit. she has been bugging me.:thumbsup:

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lotza, you wanna buy mine. my sister lives over by seattle and that would make a great reason to go over there and visit. she has been bugging me.:thumbsup:

Unfortunately I'm from Cleveland and I can't work on anything from the Midwest anymore. I used up all my patience during my youth breaking bolts off of vehicles with the dreaded salt disease.

Go see your sister: it's an easy flight. Good luck selling your truck.

R. J.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm from Cleveland and I can't work on anything from the Midwest anymore. I used up all my patience during my youth breaking bolts off of vehicles with the dreaded salt disease.
He's trying to sell his 2003 - if you wanna do wrenching on that one, you are truly a diesel freak, and more power to ya ;Sweet lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726