just got a 94 idi

Simmonscoating

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got another 94 idi turbo dually full cab . This truck is super clean fresh rebuild e4od with builet tq converter maybe 50 miles on the trans. Bran new turbo, the diesel shop put the wrong filter in the air box and destroyed the turbo so they replaced it with a new one I will not complain. The motor has 225,000 on it, i took the truck to arundle diesel in hanover md they know these old motors great guys there. I had the fuel system checked and the compression. All 8 cylenders were 450 on the noise. I had the guys there turn up the pump so they maxed it out closed the waste gate to make 11 lbs of boost was hiting 15. It had a hypermax cowl induction and k&n filter in it when i got it. running straight exhust out in front the rear tire. It does blow alot of smoke if i floor it in park but when i drive it and the turbo starts making boost the smoke clears up unless im pulling my fith wheel it blowes a little black smoke when pulling hills. I got the truck for 4000 dollars it is super clean all new dash panells all 6 tires are new and the interior is still like new the guy who had it keep it in the garage he said it had the cho cho package all wood grain triming and lights overhead. O and he is running evens coolent in the motor.

I have two question what is "about" the rear wheel tq numbers on this set up.

And should we run synth oil in these motors or better with the regular stuff.

Thanks guys this is my second idi love these truck i had a 97 psd still like the idi beter.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Conventional wisdom says stick with the dyno oil, or face an increase in oil leakage. Sounds like you got a good deal! Check the FAQ at the top of this forum for Dyno numbers. You may have to research the rigs those guys have to match yours up to something close.

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your truck is blowing smoke i sure hope you are keeping an eye on the exhaust gas temp gauge. if not you are likely to melt pistons.

Simmonscoating

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For sure infact it has a 4 pod gauge mount boost pyro and two tranny temps one in the pan one in the hot line going to the cooler. at wot it gets to 1000 deg no weight with camper at wot 1070 all good. the probe is in the back driver side exhust maniflod think thats # 8

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online