Just bought a MINT '86

359 Pete

Reaction score
Towcat, thanks for posting those pics, and thanks for all the compliments. When we convert to 4x4 I'm going to rebuild the C6 since the tranny needs to be torn down to change the output shaft. Already have a TCI rebuild kit, what torque converter would work best with this combo? TCI recomends a 1000-1800 stall converter, i agree, but what do you guys think?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Towcat, thanks for posting those pics, and thanks for all the compliments. When we convert to 4x4 I'm going to rebuild the C6 since the tranny needs to be torn down to change the output shaft. Already have a TCI rebuild kit, what torque converter would work best with this combo? TCI recomends a 1000-1800 stall converter, i agree, but what do you guys think?
the lowest stall convertor you can find.
if there is a custom builder in your area, pay the $$$$$ and get yourself a lowest stall with furnace brazed fins. It will be worth the initial $$$ layout.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No matter what you do with your truck I would always put a low stall converter behind an IDI diesel. Not sure if you have to go overboard with a C6 torque converter since I don't think they are as weak in stock form than the later E4OD TCs. Even the stock TC on 1986 seems to be fairly good. My C6 still had the factory TC marked with "1986" on it.

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is about the cleanest looking 86 I've ever seen. VERY sweet looking truck. Nice score!

How many miles on it, and how much did you swipe it for?

Peteykrunich

Reaction score
Hey mel I was wondering how to get ahold of a super moose for my 1990 f250 with a turbo I have a pump going out on me and I want I replace it with something better I already have about 90 cc of fuel and want some more hope to ear back from you

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm wonder why mine tachs around 2400-2500 rpm around 55mph.... I also got the c6 and 3.55 gears

Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey mel I was wondering how to get ahold of a super moose for my 1990 f250 with a turbo I have a pump going out on me and I want I replace it with something better I already have about 90 cc of fuel and want some more hope to ear back from you
YOU'RE IN LUCK!!!!!!
Mel no longer works out of his garage building these pumps.
He's now the owner of www.conestogadiesel.com check out his website and give him a call. You'll know it's him. He's got one of those deep gravel baritone voices.

dancrowley

danc01
Reaction score
Wow! Good for you. When your done changing it over to four wheel drive you are going to have the best 86 Ford CC in the country. Congrats to you. Dan

Popspuller6.9

Reaction score
I pull with my truck all the time. I had a C6 and pulled it and had it rebuilt with a shift kit it lasted 2 years rebuilt it again HP clutches and a shift kit and pulled it 2 years later and installed a T-18 and a GV the power gain alone was worth it and the engine runs cooler. I did look ZF but the overdrive is weak and they say not to tow in overdrive the GV does not care love my GV! Well needles to say I did not have good luck with my C6

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Wow, way to bring back a 3 and a half year old thread.:eek: Is 359Pete still around and is that truck still in his hands? It sure is a nice one.;Sweet