Journey into Hell

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
keep up the pressure and good luck, when people keep saying they think the goberment should step in i ask how they like dealing with the service at PENNDOT. that usually gets them thinking. no competition to keep them lean or even begin to care about customer support.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some interesting points to ponder.

The Enhanced inspection station requires special tools, such as one that measures the tint on a window. A window tinted beyond X amount of tint won't pass. BUT, a regular inspection station has no such requirement. Do they think window glass lasts the life of the truck, or that people don't tint windows AFTER they get them inspected?

Once the title arrives, I can take the $40 tail pipes back off, and be back in business.

I can put a dump bed IN the bed (raising the vehicle weight) afterwards and have no issues, but if I take the bed OFF and put a dump bed on it, then this whole process would technically need to be repeated, not that a normal inspection station would ever know the difference. Hence, the modified title would not need to be pursued.

Once it's titled as a diesel, I can put any diesel I want in it, and no one is the wiser.

Since Diesels don't require an emissions test, I can put a gas engine back in it, and no one is the wiser.

If I was doing a diesel to gas conversion, none of this would be necessary, since it would pass regular inspection.

This whole thing reminds me of a movie being made, where the guy who's job it is to maintain consistancy, like keeping the movie set in the 50's or whatever, has taken the day off, and people are filmed getting out of a studebaker, while in the distance a 2008 Mustang is visible. cookoo

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Since Diesels don't require an emissions test, I can put a gas engine back in it, and no one is the wiser.

If I was doing a diesel to gas conversion, none of this would be necessary, since it would pass regular inspection.

But who would want to do that????;Really

Sorry, just trying to shed a smile out of this.

Now are they gonna charge ya 2009 insurance rates too?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be giving the insurance company the VIN number. They can assume what they want. At least it wasn't a gas V-8.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The day that title comes in the mail, we are going out to P A R T Y ! ! !

I'll see you in a week Scott. ;Sweet

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
The day that title comes in the mail, we are going out to P A R T Y ! ! !

I'll see you in a week Scott. ;Sweet

that alone can take another 3 MONTHS depending on how the atate is running in just a standard title transfer...

i just had a ranger done and it was pretty much 10 weeks to the day...

i hate penndot....ol eddie rendell is about a crooked at they come...