John Deere fuel additive?

Kris K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok i have a question

I've been looking at getting some type of fuel additive for the truck in my sig, I've searched the site but havent really came up with what i wanted.

SO

Is the John Deere fuel additive just Stanadyne repackages? Or is it something completely diffrent??

Also is the only diffrence from the winter blend to the summer blend is they left out the anti gelling additive in the summer blend?

I havent made it to a JD dealer yet to try and find the additive. But i can find power service at all teh normal parts stores.

I'm just looking for a additive to clean the injectors and maybe add a little power, milege and lube.

The John Deere additive just sounded good, and compared to the stanadyne in tests. Plus i believe it's a little cheaper.

Is there anywhere on the web it tells about the John Deere Additive. I did a google search, and just got peoples opinions, dose JD have a site about the additive?

Thanks

Kris K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went and got a bottle of John Deere winter formula. Also i picked up a bottle of Power service. I also got a new air filter. I plan on trying both kinds and seeing what i come up with.

Kris K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this is what i came up with. I got a new STP air filter to try the two additives. When I just ran straight diesel I had a K&N air filter.

John Deere = 15.5 mpg STP filter.
Power Service = 17.8 mpg STP filter.
Just straight diesel =16 mpg with K&N filter.

So this morning i filled up and added Power Service with a clean K&N filter. Also this weekend i put a duel cowl air on it. So will see if this helps out any????

Dzlnut

Reaction score
I work for a Deere dealer and jd conditioner smells the same a powerservice to me, i know it used to be bottled by standadyne and resold but rumor is it is deere's own formula now. I use it all the time but after the cold snap a month and a half ago it has been on dack order.

Steve

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Power Service is the way to go :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just the other day I saw a 1/2 full bottle of Stanadyne frozen solid, never seen this with Power Service :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

John Deere

Reaction score
I used to have good luck with the stanadyne that I got from my Deere dealer. Been using Powerservice lately, but might go back to stanadyne after our '84 ford gelled up the other morning at -25 on its way out to feed cows. My '88 acted like it was starting to gel on my way out to get dad and pull the '84 back to the shop so we could thaw it out, and the '88 had been sitting in my shop all night.

I don't know what happened because my tractors were fine and they were treated with PS.

PS claims to be good to -40.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online