Joejohn Studs

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Whatever happened with these studs? I was gone for 11 days and since I've been back nothing has been posted about these. Last I saw posted was the samples were lost in shipping.....:dunno

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya come to think of it, I forgot all about them and ya what about em and where is he? Wonder if the second set sent got to the destination and were tested or not.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread is timely as I was asking myself the same questions today. It would be interesting to know what the results were.

Joejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys. Yes the postal service lost my first set and they were never recovered. I boxed up a few extras that I made, but I never did get them shipped there sitting here on my desk. College has had me very busy this semester and I haven't had time to mess with them. Spring break is in 2 weeks so I will see what I can do. To top it all off the local bolt company stopped carrying the grade nuts and washers I need to use with them. :dunno So if you guys know of any sources let me know. I do have one full set complete and I plan on getting them in my truck but again I just haven't had time plus home is 645 miles away so its not like I can just drive home every weekend and finish my project. I have been up to my ears in school work.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
ARP sells both the heavy and normal duty nuts. I think the heavy nuts are around $8.00 each. Either type will work. Any major nut and bolt manufactureing shop will be able to supply them. Sorry about all your troubles. I too have had stud problems. My set of the Kens H13 material 270,000 psi studs broke two of them. Found one laying in the driveway one day. Thought it was a 3/8 inch extension I forgot to pick up. Nope... So I bought a set of what Typ4 used. They are the ARP 7 ibch long 200,000 psi studs. While torqueing them down and loosening them up the 5 times required I gaulded 6 of them. This was using there ARP molloy lube. So off the next day 120 miles to the Factory and they gave me 6 new studs with nuts. I had a great talk with there long time engineers about these studs. They really know their stuff. Most important thing they said was the threads need to be rolled and not cut. Joejohn... I know you are cutting your threads and I really want to know how they hold up to the stress tests. ARP can make a set with a 330,000 psi breaking strength but.... You can't touch them with your bare hands... The moisture or sweat off the hands starts a corrosive action and they braks at the point. Also if you drop one it breaks like a glass bottle. Really some exotic material too. About $1800.00 per set too....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online