I've got my Pre Rally Truck Jitters on

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Bummer Ron! Sorry to hear that! I will give Rick a call at Diesel Performance and see if he has any suggestions, or an old Banks Turbo laying around. Ill call you and let you know.

Hang in there man,..

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Ron I have a te06h (wastegated sidewinder) that you can have, but it has a bit of play and needs a compressor wheel.

That probably doesn't help much does it?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Guys, thanks for the offers, I really do appreciate the brotherhood.
Yes Mel even if yer standing there nekkid AGAIN!!!!!:eek: :puke:
That's what the third time now? I really gotta change those sensors.LOL

Well as of tonight, Goldie is no longer consuming force fed air.
Yup took everything off that was turbo related and the RDT setup. Wasn't really gonna work well with an N/A'ed 4" exhaust setup.:eek:

The good thing is and I'm gonna owe Darrin big time, as he's made a few phone calls and located a Banks reccomended rebuild shop in Arizona that will rebuild the unit and replace all the *****'ed parts for about 425 clams. Much better that the 750 clams from a local shop here.;Sweet
So that makes it better to deal with on getting Goldie back on the air stuffin track. Who knows, could be a turbo install clinic at the rally......... Just don't tell Karen. There's alot to do to get to the point of putting it back on but there is a light at the end of the tunnel it does seem and it only takes money.

Prolly the next day or so, I may gut that thing back open and snap a few pics to see what carnage can be done in just a matter of a few minutes.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You and I are gonna be there for a week. Might be a good way to kill a day, putting that turbo on! ;)

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang Ron! What a crazy mess.:eek: LOL I'm glad you didn't push ol Goldie off a cliff or something drastic. Look at it this way.........you get a freash turbo out of all this and you now have the patience of Job!;Sweet LOL :rotflmao

A turbo install clinic would be fun! Let's do it!!!!cookoo

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well thats not a feeling anybody likes after all that work... But I have been there too as most of the members know. Now, are you going to do a route cause annaliss and find out why this failed? I'm sure plenty of members want to know so they can avoid this. I know all my failures are posted here so nobody makes the same mistakes I did. Really sorry you had this happen but..... Everyone here will support you and that week in the campground is a great place to reinstall a turbo.... Just look at all the braintrust that will be there. You couldn't have more help anywhere unless its at next years ralley..:D

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Now, are you going to do a route cause annaliss and find out why this failed? I'm sure plenty of members want to know so they can avoid this.

Yup pretty sure it was missalingment of the wheels, but I want to dig into it as soon as possible to see just how bad it got eaten up in 10 minutes.

The good thing is, the good Lord works in mysterious ways and a nice engine swap got toosed to me this morning that will more than pay for the rebuild on the turbo. Just gotta finish getting the details since it's a 94 truck and we all know how many engine options there were THAT year.:rolleyes:

Looks like a turbo install clinic could happen, but not without Karens approval given the driving distance.

At least I know I can take it to N/A status in a little less than 2 hours.:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk