It's on the Market...

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
So whatcha looking at for replacement?

Duramax?
Cummins?
PSD?

I hear tell the DMax's with the allison are pretty good these days...

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
The Dmax will be my next one...

For if nothing else... I gotta own one of each brand to fully compare.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So whatcha looking at for replacement?

Duramax?
Cummins?
PSD?
I'm looking at Dodge Quad Cab, Ford Super Crew, and yes even the new Tundra double Cab. All 6.5 Beds.
It's a tough call, the new 07-Tundra is really nice, the Dodge left me feeling like it was cheap w/out much rear passanger room (very snug)...and what I was origoriginally after the F150's S-Crew 6.5 bed I'm not seeing the color combo sitting on the local dealer lots.
Local Dodge dealer said..."sure order here and you'll pay Invoice"...that got me thinking Diesel again ;Really

Or, I have the option and go to the Dealer Auction (Manheim) with a friend who owns a Chrysler Dealership and get something there (for cost), since most used vehicles sitting on Dealers lots are from the Auction anyhow.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PM Me if you have questions on the new Tundra. I'm a master tech at a Toyota Dealership, and have had my hands on a few...

Ryan

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Well since you're looking at gassers then I would look heavy at the toyota - From what I've seen they just build a better vehicle (this coming from the supplier side of things - they put such tight specs on their suppliers and will refuse an entire shipment so fast that it would make your head spin)... Where as the american branded manufactures will let just about anything go past and bolt it on the vehicle....

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Well since you're looking at gassers then I would look heavy at the toyota - From what I've seen they just build a better vehicle (this coming from the supplier side of things - they put such tight specs on their suppliers and will refuse an entire shipment so fast that it would make your head spin)... Where as the american branded manufactures will let just about anything go past and bolt it on the vehicle....

Agreed, plus they have cool commercials!

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I drove all four late last year, I have to say, the Toyota was the nicest drive, followed by the GM (drove GMC and Chevy) but I think the Dodge Godzilla cab was the biggest of the three, yet like you, I didn't like it. Personally, the Ford felt like trying to balance a basketball on a rail, just didn't like it. I have driven several Ford's as I like the look and such, but they just feel totally different to me. My IFS felt the same way, but now feels like what I am used to with the D60.

At any rate, the price of the highest equipped Toyota was also several thousand less than the other three as well. Both of those I drove had the power rear window, VERY NICE!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle