Items for 2 inch Lift

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
Hey guys I am wanting to make my F250 to F350 height.

Just trying to track down the final items that I will need over the christmas break here.

For the rear is the only thing I am going to need is the F350 block, new u bolts and hardware and that's it? Nothing as far as driveshaft or anything else?

What would you all recommend for the front for my D50? No im not selling it for an F350, no I am not swapping a d60 in, etc that is normally posted. This is for my 1990 so I am not looking to change a lot as I am going to restore this truck. Just looking at my options for having the F350 height as personally that's how tall I think they should have been in the first place from the factory.

Any options, hints, tricks, etc?

Thanks

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get fornt f350 springs an the camber adjusted, with 2" you wont need drop center. count rear leafs, the f350 may have more witch will add to it hight. so you may want 3-4" blocks instead of the 2", that is unless your looking for level

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
get fornt f350 springs an the camber adjusted, with 2" you wont need drop center. count rear leafs, the f350 may have more witch will add to it hight. so you may want 3-4" blocks instead of the 2", that is unless your looking for level

I thought the F350 springs are arched in the opposite way as d50 springs?

Or were you meaning specifically the F350 springs that came with some 1 tons that had d50's?

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
He means F-350 springs for an '86-'97. These are pretty flat or slightly positive arch as opposed to negative arch D50 springs. You might be able to get away with just camber adjusters with a greater range.

Personally I'd never bother with a TTB front. Been there done that with D44 TTB and D50 TTB and caused nothing but grief with alignment and wearing out components. With lifts I've broken the drop brackets every time. Just not worth the hassle, a D44 in a half ton or D60 in a 3/5 or 1 ton is the way to go to have a front end that just works and won't nickle and dime you to death.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get front f350 springs an the camber adjusted, with 2" you wont need drop center. count rear leafs, the f350 may have more witch will add to it height. so you may want 3-4" blocks instead of the 2", that is unless your looking for level

Cross your fingers, the alignment guy MIGHT get it aligned with a 2 inch lift and no drop brackets, it will be on the edge if he does get it. F350 front springs are supposed to be softer, so you might not get the lift or performance that you expect anyway.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just my humble opinion: think about a body lift. I'm not a TTB "basher", but I can tell you that after I put on an add-a-leaf, my truck needed the camber adjusted, and I can't imagine how much you'd need with a genuine 2" lift. There's nothing wrong with a TTB if they are set up right (I had good tire wear after adjusting the camber) but if you really want to get a suspension lift, I think you should consider a D60 upgrade.

Again: I'm back to the point of why not just do a 2" body lift, but that's just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions :D

Good luck whichever way you go

PackRat239

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack your thread, but I have a set of add a leafs and 2* camber adjusters for sale that would help you out.

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
I have an AAL in the front of mine, and I dont know if its the Add A Leaf or what, but mines rides like crap, you feel every bump you hit, and it shakes the whole dash

I put all new bilsteins on the truck, but that didnt help, so my guess is its the AAL. Ive been watching this thread as I am hoping to gain the same amount of lift also.

What I do know is at least for bilsteins it is the same shock for 250 and 350, plus I feel like I had to compress the shocks A LOT to get them in the truck, so much so that my boots wrinkle a little, not sure if that is normal, I checked the part numbers and they are the right ones, so with that being said I feel that I have plenty of room left in the travel of the shock to extend it an inch or two

http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/product.cfm?id=14530

I think it ran 255 for a set of shocks for my 4WD truck plus they offer 5% off on wednesday and sometimes you can find a coupon code for that website

PackRat239

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck drove fine til I swapped in the 60 and kept the 50 springs. I will change them out one day. No, same shocks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online