Is this worth it or not???

sootman73

Reaction score
so if i go to the local truck shop what do i ask for? strips to check scas? im kinda thinking they would give me a funny look. what are the strips actually called?

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
these ones were made by fleetguard, according to the lady... since that was the name i found online "fleetguard test strips" thats what I asked for and she said right away they have them in stock. Keep in mind it was an international dealer, so if you have one of those around I'd try there first......

sootman73

Reaction score
i would def have to look around to find a dealer but im sure there is one around. im sure other places have them its just the explaining what im looking for thats difficult. thanks for your help!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't believe some of you all aren't familiar with the test strips. We must not be doing our jobs around here. They are available lots of places mail order. You can get them from DIS, or Diesel Manor for instance. My IH dealer only carried them in packs of 50, which was expensive and most would go bad before I'd ever use them.

sootman73

Reaction score
well i just never got around to doing it since i've been at school. im startin to get some more time on my hands now so im following up on the small maintenance things. i found them at my dealer for 1-1.50 bucks. thanks to truckingirl i found a dealer real close to me. it sure is nice to have a dealer for my motor. my gmcounterparts dont have that!

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
well with my other troubles, I need cash too and my loan shark will only give me $4300 for the 91. and the other $500 is what i need to get SC right on my DL??:eek::puke:

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to be cheap you can get a whole bottle of nitrite only indicators from NAPA for around $20. It's not quite correct but it probably can be assumed that if the nitrite SCA was maintained, your truck has had sifficient cooling system maintenance. These wix strips are that way because Wixcool/NAPAkool are nitrite only SCAs. FWIW Caterpillar's SCAs are nitrite only as well and they definitely did a lot of the research into uncovering and preventing cavitation.....

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I just got a call from Mike and he said he can do the $4300 the bank will give me for it... but he wants to keep the 60 gal tank, and some after market speakers it has. So do I go for it or what?

I posted some pictures of this some time back, but is this good money or not???

Quote:
1991 Ford F350, Diesel, dually, 4 door, crew cab, auto, AC, cruse control, Banks turbo, Banks gauges, Trans mod, new interior, gooseneck hitch and rails for fifth wheel hitch, 60 gal fuel tank 4999.00+doc,tax,tags, warranty available Mikes motors.
I spoke to him and he said I need to act fast cause he is going to pull the 60 gal tank and turbo for his rollback, and the rest will got to the auction.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Are you going to be that hurt without the 60 gallon fuel tank? Most trucks don't come with one anyways, I still think its a decent buy..... :)

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get a New 91 gallon tank like mine at Northern tool for $450 later when the time is right. No biggie.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Are you going to be that hurt without the 60 gallon fuel tank? Most trucks don't come with one anyways, I still think its a decent buy..... :)
I did like the fact it was there. I was going to use it for my veggie, but a local guy has 4 count them 4 75 to 100 gall transfer tanks I can get for $75 each... shhhhh any body want a tank for $100 can deliver too... with in 150 miles... so $4300 is still good???:confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZTSpridgen

Members online