Is this drivable?

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Add a+1 to
The atf trick (longer soak the better)!

And get it hot and sweaty, by loading it down and running it like a rented mule!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Drive it like you stole it! These trucks do NOT respond to be babied!
When we'd put a new engine in one of these trucks, we wouldn't quite tell to dive them like they stole them.We would tell them to drive them like you're going to drive them. If they trailered the truck there, we'd tell them to hook the one that just had the engine replaced to the trailer and haul the other one home with it.

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Notice it is an '86. Do you still have the water separator on it? If so, put a 3/8" bolt in the drain hose under the driver side foot board. Sounds to me like it may have some water in the fuel getting picked up. Dose the tanks with some Hot Shot Secret Extreme.

graver555

Reaction score
Notice it is an '86. Do you still have the water separator on it? If so, put a 3/8" bolt in the drain hose under the driver side foot board. Sounds to me like it may have some water in the fuel getting picked up. Dose the tanks with some Hot Shot Secret Extreme.
No it dosnt have it anymore. It was leaking air in and the fitting on the bottom was so seized I mangled the unit trying to get it out. So it was replaced by those cheapy plastic filters in series. It is on the list to get replaced but I havnt found a seperator that wasn't one of the big transfer tank sized ones.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reason I asked about under hood picture is if the hood cowl is damaged or rotted allowing a little water to get into the intake seal on the filter top/center. Mine has a slightly bent rod from this from 3 years ago and starts/runs about like yours. I know there has been a lot of heavy rain in your area this year. Happens all of a sudden.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online