Is this a suitable downpipe?

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I’m looking for a downpipe to replace my stock one for my 1994 idi with the stock turbo. I found a used downpipe on eBay for what I thought was a reasonable price, but it has a little bit of a different shape compared to other idi dps I’ve seen, such as the banks 52103 dp. here is a picture of it:
You must be registered for see images attach

I am just looking for some more experienced people’s opinions as to whether it would fit my exhaust or not. Input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys for all the knowledge that you share:)

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's not for a Factory Turbo. From what little I can remember, it kind of looks like it's for a Chevy/GMC 6.5.

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the info. I thought it looked odd for a stock setup, so I contacted the seller and they said it came off of a stock idit configuration:dunno

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Well a 6.5 is an IDI engine. They were available in 1994. It did come stock with a turbo. I could be wrong here, but so could the listing. The seller may have gotten the information wrong. It also could be the wrong picture too. I just went on Ebay and typed in "GMC 6.5 down pipe". The few pictures that I looked at all look very similar to the one in your picture. Try it and you'll see what I mean.

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you’re right. I did look it up and it does look very similar to the 6.5 dps. The guy said it was off a 7.3 specifically when I contacted him, the seller is a fab shop, so I’m not sure what it’s for :dunno I think I’ll just pass on it though. I don’t have a ton of money to spare as it is anyhow LOL LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online