is Rough country good or bad????

f250ap

Reaction score
Hey iv been looking into add a leafs and lift kits for my 89 f250. has anyone ran a rough country add a leaf or lift kit?? there pretty cheap:sly so i was woundering are they worth it??? oh and are there shocks any good..thanks guys

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if there lifts are same quality as there ones for the ranger they are great for about a year then the front will sag about 2 inches but they ride great it may sag sooner with the heavy cast we got under these hoods. as a rule of thumb wen i lifted rangers witch ran ttb suspension til 97 if you wanted 4 inches get the 4 inch kit and swap the springs for the 6inch coils or even more cost effective keep the 4inch and run a leveling kit with it so when it does sag it will be level . hope this helps

gatorman21218

Reaction score
do Add-a-Leafs help to prevent the camber from going to hell? My front tires look like this //---\\

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a set of add a leafs skyjacker i may get rid of if interested shoot me a pm
but for rough country heres my 2 cents bought a lift for a show truck and it had 3 different paint finishes and powder coat with chips all over and the welds didnt look too good either. this was for a bronco
but if you dont mind adding a coat of paint i dont see why add a leafs would be bad

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did add-a-leafs and although my truck sits right, I would never do it again due to the camber and ride issues. The camber isn't that hard to fix (spend the money and get the adjustable upper offset bushings so you can adjust them as your springs sag) but the ride is 100% kidney jolting rock hard.

The roads are very good out here, but I still think my truck rides terribly. A friend in college had a CC F350 and he had his springs re-arched, just an inch lift but I couldn't believe how well it road afterwards.

I couldn't justify a D60 in my truck, but I can't recommend an add-a-leaf in clear conscious either. If you want the look and can commit to a rough ride, go for it. Just my .02.

boxathey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i put "add a leaf" on my f350 front and back. as Diesel_brad stated. My ride quality was horrible. i could feel every pebble on the road. I kept them on for about a month. Couldnt handle the insanely rough ride anymore, so i took em back off.

DragRag

Reaction score
add a leaf is good only if you have a heavy component on the front lick a winch to offset the stiff ride up front. Soft ride lift spring are the best, I have used them before with great success, although I don't do lifts anymore, those days are over.

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
I ordered some adjustable control arms for my 01 dodge 2500 from rough country in Dec 2005, got my money returned to me in May of 2006 due to them being on backorder, and they finally showed up at my door in June of 2007 and then they wanted them returned cause I didnt pay for them. Well you shouldnt have shipped them to me 2 years later then! But i was dealing with RC directly on them.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I just put some rough country aal's in my 93 and it actually rides fine. I was worried it would be harsh but was really surprised at how smooth it is. The springs I used were meant for a big block gasser f250 so that may have something to do with it. Got a bit of lift without the pain.

lynch

little stinker
Reaction score
I am running a rough country add a leafs in my 94 and can't tell a anything chanced on the ride lol

stevedrums

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go to a spring shop and have a set made. using add-a-leafs to lift a vehicle is equivalent to cutting coil springs to lower it. ghetto.

in my opinion.