Is it me...

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
or is site activity on here pretty low lately?

We need to do some advertising or something. The livest tech board is the IDI board and that aint been to lively as of late. Isn't too much to read around here so i find myself having to always go to TDS for a read.:eek:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Well I think if you would break something then we could have more talk about it - so get out there and get busy ;p Lord knows I'm try'n :angel: :peelout

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, I was starting to wonder the same thing myself...like the revolution fizzled out and people started floating back to TDS or somethin'.

I haven't been over there in a while; is posting in the TDS basement up?

BTW, I tried to get Pete (cdnsarguy) to come over, but he felt he could do more good over at TDS...not enough newbies over here. Actually, very honorable of him IMHO...and he did tell me that he's lurking over here...

Actually, Travis is the best envoy IMHO...gonna send some more PM's out?

And BTW, I broke some things special just so I could try and liven up the board :D

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think its just you..... Seems that the IDI guys have slowwed.... We are working on getting the word out there, but the best way to get the word out is through members... Maybe you guys can help by sending out some PM's.. And just keep posting. I thank you for your help. I'm confused why people don't really like the freedom of this site?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ISurvivedNMU
I'm confused why people don't really like the freedom of this site?
I think it's more of an issue of resistance to change than anything else. If I were to guess, I'd guess that many of the people in the Basement, particularly the ones who haven't been there very long, don't see the issues that other people are seeing; hence, they don't see a reason to move over. Like I said, I don't know if some of the old hands are migrating back to TDS or what...

I'd try to recruit people myself, except I don't know how to approach people without sounding like I'm SPAMming them. :( I've got the same issue with people I know on the M-B site...I'd love to see the M-B board flourish, but don't know how to "make them come"...

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you tried a shameless bribe yet?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It may just take some time guys, unless any of you have suggestions for ways to make things different/better around here. We are all ears and we try to give you what you ask for.

Mike

turbo69

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
Guys---

It can't get much better round here. That's that. It just takes time to build up a good following. I myself prefer the freedom of this site, and tell everyone I can about it. However, as warden said earlier, it's mainly resistance to change. Unfortuneatly, TDS has "handled" the basement, and all of us that were apparently breaking the rules, or at least walking the line over there, are here now. Unless Lester and the Mods start up with there sniveling again, I don't really see a way to convince people to change to easily. I still post over there, albeit as little as possible, and still read over there. Most of it is to see whose doing what now, and what kinds of problems they have there. However, you need to remember that most of the members over there are under 100 posts, and will more than likely stay that way for a long long time cause all they do is post when they have a problem, and either don't want to contribute, or think they have nothing to offer.

Go with the flow guys, they'll be here...sooner or later, they'll be here.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by turbo69
Guys---

It can't get much better round here. That's that. It just takes time to build up a good following. I myself prefer the freedom of this site, and tell everyone I can about it. However, as warden said earlier, it's mainly resistance to change. Unfortuneatly, TDS has "handled" the basement, and all of us that were apparently breaking the rules, or at least walking the line over there, are here now. Unless Lester and the Mods start up with there sniveling again, I don't really see a way to convince people to change to easily. I still post over there, albeit as little as possible, and still read over there. Most of it is to see whose doing what now, and what kinds of problems they have there. However, you need to remember that most of the members over there are under 100 posts, and will more than likely stay that way for a long long time cause all they do is post when they have a problem, and either don't want to contribute, or think they have nothing to offer.

Go with the flow guys, they'll be here...sooner or later, they'll be here.

Those are my thoughts as well, thanks for the support all of you guys. We appreciate ALL of you. We just have to be patient and take things a step at a time. It'll come, we've built it, it'll come.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep :cool

We just need to get the word out...

The M-B section, OTOH...I think I'm the only one who's regularly monitoring it. Maybe I should write up some tech articles for it or something...problem there is, nothing's broken on my 300D lately ;) As it sits, I don't think there's an incentive for people who only have an M-B to go there, since there isn't any real info yet. The only other "M-B guy" who's posted on there is a friend of mine...