IP Timing help

Ronnie

Reaction score
First let me say that I am new to the site and to owning a Diesel truck. My current truck is a 90 F350 Dually, 7.3, with a Banks Sidewinder turbo kit, and the auto:puke:trans. I have all the necessary gauges [trans temp, pyro [exhaust temp], and boost gauge] plus the factory gauges [not that they can be trusted more of an idiot gauge than a true gauge].

I recently got this truck and want to do a tune up on it just to make sure everything is up to par before I start turning the pump up or change the ip timing [may be the same thing for all I know].

I have been reading the forum for a few days but without a solid knowledge of diesels [I know about enough to be dangerous], I was wondering if there was anyone in the area that could help me set the timing on this beast?

I am not new to mechanics just to diesels. I have built 7-8 offroad vehicles over the years, and had a few hot-rods in my younger days, but never anything that runs on oil.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Hopefully someone will chime in, but I am not aware of anyone in the Carolina's that can help. Someone in Virginia Beach told me I was the closest that they could find. :dunno

Ronnie

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Hopefully someone will chime in, but I am not aware of anyone in the Carolina's that can help. Someone in Virginia Beach told me I was the closest that they could find. :dunno

Well, I guess that's an excuse to buy more tools...:sly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online