Interior parts for a 91

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Anyone know where I could buy a seat foam insert for the drivers seat in my 91? with 407K the old seat is getting more like a toilet....Big hole in the middle!!.:rotflmao I'd also like to get a pillar pod to mount some gauges.

adam g

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look up lmc truck. It may be referenced in the ad section here but they have seat stuff.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I checked them out, didn't see any stuff for bucket seats for a 91.....Any other idea's?:dunno

You must be registered for see images

I'd even buy a good used seat base to match the pic above if anyone has one. I'm going to see my neighbour up the street. He does upholstery for a living so maybe he can fix it up for me.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take the seat out and find out who your Ford dealer works with. Most dealers have a relationship with a "seat man". Somebody who comes to their lot and makes either small on-site repairs, or takes the removed seat back to their shop for a complete recovering. Your money would be better spent paying a seat man to redo it, then trying to find a good junk yard one. Let's face it, most of the non-drivers seats in junk yards are fine, but finding a drivers seat is another matter. The seat man will most likely be able to make it look and feel like new again for not that much money. I once had a motorcycle seat redone by the local guy here, and it was better than it was when it was new, because his choice of foam material was supperior to the original design.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take the seat out and find out who your Ford dealer works with. Most dealers have a relationship with a "seat man". Somebody who comes to their lot and makes either small on-site repairs, or takes the removed seat back to their shop for a complete recovering. Your money would be better spent paying a seat man to redo it, then trying to find a good junk yard one. Let's face it, most of the non-drivers seats in junk yards are fine, but finding a drivers seat is another matter. The seat man will most likely be able to make it look and feel like new again for not that much money. I once had a motorcycle seat redone by the local guy here, and it was better than it was when it was new, because his choice of foam material was supperior to the original design.

|stupid A good upolstry shop can fix your woes prolly cheaper than finding decent replacement parts and make her good for another 16 years.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I was talking to the the neighbour the other day but we never got into pricing. He said to see if the dealer could get the foam insert - I tried with no luck there. I don't really care about the fabric, just need to get the seat foam in better shape. The springs are right to the material on the door side of the drivers seat.

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
I've got a pair of seats that might be close in color that came out of my 91 mustang conv. I'm not sure of the fit (more than likely would require some adapting) but you can have them if they will do you any good.

Chuck

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Thanks but I'm sure that would be too much work. I'm going to stop in and see the upholstery guy tommorow to get a price.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks but I'm sure that would be too much work. I'm going to stop in and see the upholstery guy tommorow to get a price.

As good of shape as the paint, body and rest of the interior appear to be in I think a new carpet and re-work of the drivers seat would be nothing but a good thing....Get some of that new truck feel back into it. That's what I'd do.

Of course you can always upgrade to leather too:D
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

:oops: :sorry:

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
It is a really comfortable rig for a 16yr old truck with 408,000km.....Not rust free, it needs some minor floor work and a patch on the LR bottom of the box but all in all it's in decent shape for a rust belt rig....I'll fix the floor and box next month and then my buddy is going to dose the truck with a gallon of Fluid Film for me. I'm going to paint the truck next summer so I might invest in new carpet then or a rubber mat.... I get the carpet too dirty too fast. I put some nice "BUILT FORD TOUGH" floormats in it that I had from my 88. The frame is excellent so it's worth putting a southern cab on it if needed in the future....Good working IDI in it and a PSD in the garage for a spare - I'm going to be driving this truck for a while. I ordered the reducers so I can put the 3.5" PSD exhaust on it ASAP.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I agree with Mel and Mike. Take it to an upholstery guy. You'll be much happier. Todays foam technology is far better than in 1991. And have it recovered too. But good luck with finding that material. It's been out of production for awhile. If that's the route you want to go and can't find the material, let me know. I might know where there's some hiding.:D

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes