Installing a push button

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know stacks won't melt hose if the hoses are away from them, I used to have a black stack myself - lean the hose against it tho, and that's asking for trouble. I don't have pics of Darrin's setup, but it's in one of his threads on here somewhere, maybe he'll even post the pics himself if he sees this. He was never selling it tho, it's a custom aluminum plate thing that covers his external fuel tank that lives between his stacks, makes the while thing look like a big shiny box in the front of the bed, with the stacks sticking up from it.

But yes, you can most definitely have the couples coming out the top of the box you're building, just make sure those 3" cups you plan on making have some water drain ports on the bottom cause else they will fill up with water every time it rains. You will also need rubber caps for the couples, if you don't have any yet (I'm guilty of that actually). About the hoses fatiguing at the crimps, they make swivel fittings that will take care of that for you, or you can always use elbow fittings at the ends of the hoses so they plug straight down into the couplers but the hoses come out the sides. The issue with the hoses leaning against the stacks is still there tho, that's why I suggested running the plumbing down through the bed and out the sides under it. Then again, I have running boards, so doing this in an inconspicuous manner will be much easier for me than for you I guess.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
yeah i know where you are comming from. Im not sure what im going to do yet. i guess i should get the pump mounted first. i have everything to do it. just looking for the right time weather wise. I need to get the filter and everything plummed before i make the box anyway. ill let you know how it goes. if you come up with any other ideas let me know :D

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for now just litterly take that little wire off the post and touch it on the big post right below it. if it wants to crank (which it will) then you just had something wrong with your switch. what bothers me is that if your switch had a little light on it and when you had everything wired, was the light on?. that indicates you have ground going to the switch itself. how did you wire it?

The light is internal on the switch, the S position on the relay needs power and the big hot post next to it has it, thats how it lights up from hot, the switch has a separate ground.

The other jibberish i was getting to is this:
Normally the key makes S hot but when the starter isnt running it isn't hot (key on aka acc /= key ignition) so if you wanted to add a light to indicate whether the starter is engaged or not then put the light between the two posts. Light on = starter off, light off = starter on. with both posts energized theres no ground so the light goes out. With the S not energized from ignition (or underhood switch =] ) the S side will take flow through the light but not be enough to energize the starter. An LED can last a very long time and use little energy, some might wonder why bother but I've heard of starters engaging themselves and people leaving the truck in gear (manual) come back to find it plowing into other vehicles. I probably wont do this but if I got a fab another switch panel I might throw something like it in hehe. or just run a wire from S to the light, and light to ground for light on = starter, the reverse of the other idea.
-----------

I was right, it was just corrosion I went out there a couple hours ago and scraped at it. First try was clicking, lil more scraping = turning. I'm just a paranoid parrot these days LOL

Thanks for the helps / verifications the studs didn't look that dirty/ oxidized :rotflmao if it wasnt raining buckets I'da been more willing to clean them yesterday

Last edited:

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
but to light a light you need 2 things..power and ground. where are you getting the ground from? to light the light. on the solenoid there is no grounds. unless its feeding ground back from starter wire.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but to light a light you need 2 things..power and ground. where are you getting the ground from? to light the light. on the solenoid there is no grounds. unless its feeding ground back from starter wire.

I think I get where the confusion is coming from now LOL insomnia will do that
The switch has 3 posts and is SPST the 3rd post is ground for the light, what I was saying is for a light to go off when the starter is engaged different subject I'mma just edit the other post to give it more sense

Shaguardriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a push button start on my truck. It is not live unless you have the key in the forward position.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online