Installed the fuel return line kit

LA350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty easy, got it from Taylor 32.00 shipped. It took me longer than some of the other wrenches here stated but it is on and no longer leaking ;Sweet

After pulling my injectors some were sporting a bit of caking around the tip under the copper washer. I cleaned them up and reinstalled them. I really should have had them tested and or replaced but didn't have that kind of cash to spend :rolleyes: The old lines were hard and cracked and the o rings were very hard and several broke as soon as I tried to get a grip on them.

Pretty happy though the truck seems to run better too ;burnout
:thumbsup:
Thanks for everyones advice. :peelout

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
That's good to hear. Being it was your first time doing the return line kit it should take a little longer - next time you will breeze right through it in probably half the time.

LA350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I pulled the injectors and replaced the copper washers too. I "lost" a few of the washers and used a dab of grease on the injector to retrive them.

Not too bad of a job really. The biggest PITA was the steel lines I "moved" to get a better go at the injector. I quickly realized that leverage is your friend and a repositioning of my body solved most problems ;) I did have one line that didn't want to go on right as it wanted cross thread. I noticed that the thread began to gall. I tried several times to get going correctly, would have been best if I chould chase it w/ a die, but I did the best I could getting it to seat straight.

No leaks so far! It seems to run a whole lot better too :)

LA350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I allowed for the built-in memory of the metal to help find the way, aka I gently bent it back :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online