injectors

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Injectors GENERALLY are considered wear items that start to loose performance after they pass 100 000 miles, however, that doesn't mean that simply because you have so many miles that they are automatically junk. If you ran good fuel in it for all its like it can last longer.

How well does it start cold?
does it run and pull well?
any smoke?
and most of all what are the MPGs like?

Even with 500 000 miles on an original set, I would still leave them in if its still running well. If you are concerned about them, you can pull them and have them leak tested to see if the nozzles are leaking any fuel or giving a bad spray pattern, but if the truck is running happy with them the way they are, I would leave well enough alone.

Injectors in these trucks aren't like timing belts on an import that have to be religiously replaced at the proper intervals. Relpace only when needed.;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your on a budget, and can afford the down time and a $35 install kit, take your injectors out and send them to me and I'll test them for free and send them back. Yes, you can turn your pump up to compensate for lower fuel delivery. The problem with the age of the pump, is often the wear on the cam lobes and advance piston/bore. That pump will not maintain it's timing very well, even if you get it set precisely, and it is the correct timing, and good spray pattern from the injectors that get you the best economy and power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online