injector pump help

longhorn795

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i put my new ip on my truck the only thing i marked was the dowel pin is this correct?thanks

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Well. with a fresh pump, your old timing marks wouldn't mean much but it would have made a nice starting point. Should have marked where the pump was set in regards to the timing mark on teh housing, but if the one you pulled was the factory original, then the mark scribed there already will be a half decent starting point until you can get the pump timed properly.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
From your posting it seems like you marked the dowel pin location on the aluminum housing. Then trmoved the hosuing from the block with the gear and injection pump attached. If so you may have make a mistake. Its impossible to know the gear timing is correct reinstalling the cover the same way you removed it with all the parts connected. What is the issue with your pump replacement.. Are you having a tuff time starting the engine or is it running poorly...

longhorn795

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the pump ran on the truck fine for 3 days straight and then it started acting up and im pretty sure its one or 2 of the injectors because its rough idle it doesnt have no power and its blowing quite a bit of grey blue smoke at idle but i just want to make sure it couldnt have been the pump

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent