Injector Pump and Injector exploded view?

kyle

Reaction score
Anyone have a link to an Injector pump and injector exploded view?
I have tried to contact DPS with no luck and want to look into modifying mine on my own...

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Umm...how experienced are you with fuel systems?

Maybe you've got the expertise that most of us don't have :) but as a general rule, I would say that disassembling the injector pump is NOT a good idea for your average DIY'er. Even with a diagram, it's too easy to put something in wrong (and possibly foul up the pump to the point where it can't be rebuilt or used as a core, or could cause the engien to run away if you actually put the pump on an engine), and the tolerances are so tight that even the slightest bit of dirt will mess things up.

Like I said, I say this assuming you're similar to most of us (i.e. a DIY'er)...if you've received professional training in diesel injector pump rebuilds, I apologize...

{on edit} Just realized that I never even attempted to answer the original question. Sorry about that. To my knowledge, there's no detailed diagram of the injector pump or the injectors online. You might try contacting Stanadyne, although I seem to recall others trying with no success.

Also, as to the injectors...to my knowledge, no one has attempted to disassemble one on their own. That said, some people HAVE done this with an injector from a Mercedes diesel, in order to clean it. Someone did a write-up on it and implied that it wasn't all that difficult, as long as you kept all of the parts in order. He did it without a diagram or anything...simply took everything apart and put it all back together in order. On the M-B injector, there were thin washers that determined the opening pressure, and he said that if you had spare washers and an injector tester, you could add and remove washers as needed ot get a matched set of injectors yourself. BUT, I have no clue as to whether this might work with an injector for our IDI's or not...if you have a spare injector, it might be worth trying :)

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only picture I can offer is this one , which is the same picture that makes me stay the heck out of the pump! LOL

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Contact Travis ( Argave?). He had one at the IDI camp out in Lancaster, PA a couple of years ago. He made it look simple, but I think he had learned by trial and ERROR.

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
I have rebuilt many of them pumps and injectors for IDI's. I read a lot of books and played with many cores till I had it down. It is not all that hard but if you have never done one stay away. If this would be your firdt go round and need this pump on a truck leave it alone.