injector problem........

94iditurbo

Reaction score
well found out by cracking injector lines that cyl. 1 has missfire removed injector and it looked real dry and carboned up. i only drove it for about 100mi missing and hope no major damage is done. now i checked dealership today and found out that injectors cost about $50 each, or it looks like i could order a set of 8 off ebay for about $130, next is there any aftermarket performance companies worth looking into? any input is appreciated.

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for injectors right now too. Don't buy the injectors from I think it's Diesel Care. Do a search, there's info on here on companys NOT to buy from. Pensacola Diesel has good prices. Make sure you buy a whole set. I get a good discount from my local Navistar dealer, he can get me the 'G' (turbo) injectors for $34 each, I'll probably get those.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also thinking about "new" injectors. If I purchased them from my local International shop can I be assured they're good to go? Or do I still need to pay for the pop-test?
I also want to replace the IP...I just don't want any BS problems with a rebuilt unit but where to buy a trouble free unit?

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read that it's a good idea to check them new or rebuilt, cause the new aren't necessarily any better than rebuilt (but I don't know myself). My mechanic buddy tested my injectors for me, and he said he would test my new ones when I get them. So, I'll probably take him up on his offer. If it weren't for his offer, I'd probably put newly purchased ones in untested trusting the supplier. As far as the IP, I think I would go with favorable recommendations off of this forum or at the Dieselstop. I don't know where I would buy right now if I had to......

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had good luck with Lucas remans. While it's not a service I promote, I can get you new or rebuilt units through my rebuilder (same guy who does the Moose Pumps) if your uncomfortable getting them elsewhere.

jw2644

Reaction score
I replaced mine with new Stanadyne injectors. The price was a dollar cheaper each than remans. I got the injectors from GCL. Don,t know if they are in the US, but might be worth checking out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726