Injector O-ring size

89ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not the return lines the ones on the part thats in the block or does this mean the injector is bad?

Reaction score
Where is the leak coming from? The return lines are typical leakers. There is a copper washer at the bottom of the injector. Is the leak from the top hard line cap?

89ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing its the copper washer thats where the bubbling is coming from how can I fix this or what parts do I need to get and where can I get them?

Reaction score
I think the copper washer is more to seal the compression? Could be wrong. But the injectors are pretty long and alot of empty space in between where it screws in the head to where it seats with the washer. So you got bubbling and fuel?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
yea its got bubbling from the part of the injector thats threaded into the block

then its cylinder compression leaking past. you can try tightening up the injector some and see if it goes away but i doubt it. you dont want to let it go on for to long because it can build up carbon and be a pain to clean out, you want a nice clean sealing surface when you install new copper seals.

Agnem (Mel) or type4 (Russ) on this board should be able to help you out with parts if you dont want to track them down on flee-bay.

if you want to give a old elbow grease shot at fixing them to save money. i bike mechanic i used to know said the copper gaskets on bike exhausts can be heated up hot with a torch and let cool. this can reset the properties of the copper gaskets and sometimes give them new life.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not the return lines the ones on the part thats in the block or does this mean the injector is bad?

Take the time to learn the names of parts on a diesel engine. This is an injector with its related sealing parts. If the leak is around the injector body, loosen the fuel line on the nozzle fuel inlet, take a 1" wrench and tighten the injector body. If it still leaks the injector will have to be removed and the copper washer cleaned or replaced, install again and tifgten the hell out of it.

Attachments

• Injector.jpg
    Injector.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 13

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
I used a coarse cylinder shaped tube brush when I did mine and it worked great. It was something like $10 from a hardware store. Once the bore is cleaned it doesn't hurt to put a small hose on the end of a vacuum cleaner to pull out any debris that fell in the cylinder. The copper washer can be found at any hardware store as well ;Sweet Just make sure the sealing surface is spotless and you shouldn't have a problem.

Just remember to use a torque wrench when re-installing the injector. I can't remember the specs (30ft/lbs?) :dunno

Reaction score
I think your right on the 30 but 40 seems to work a bit better, well at least for me. and use some anti-seize on the threads. Over the years those buggers can get pretty tight in there. (I had to hit the end of my wrench with a hammer just to loosen them) wouldn't want one breaking..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online