Injector Line Spacer?

Koch13351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to the junk yard this weekend to help a friend get parts for his IDI conversion ('90 460 to 6.9), and while under the hood of a truck, I noticed this piece on top of the #1 injector. I don't have one on my truck, never seen it on anther truck in the junkyard (im always snagging injectors), and have never seen a mention of it or its reason. Its basically an injector line spacer. Found on a '92 F-Superduty.
You must be registered for see images attach

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timing adapter. On #1 for trucks, #4(?) For vans. Not required if using a truck line on a van or vice versa.

Good to use as an adapter for a pop tester

Koch13351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Good to know. Odd how I've never seen them. Maybe a sign of an unmolested truck?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not seeing them is likely a truck that has been buggered...that needs to be in place as the line length is important.

Koch13351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what you're saying is, since my truck is absent this piece, if I install it on the #1 injector, my truck will run smoother and it will gain heavenly amounts of horsepower??? ;)

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will be younger and better looking to the opposite *** also!
Using j y injectors you may never notice the difference.

Koch13351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn I'm only 25 so I'd better be careful as to which crowd I look good to ;)
I'm not going to start bending my lines around to try to make it fit. I'm content with the way my truck runs as of right now. So if anyone wants or needs this part, let me know.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lucky boy(man)
You may have a van line on #1 if so your golden.
Grampa used to say" any day the tractor starts is good" fuel and power are secondary.
Hit the stickies' also fill in your sig line with your trucks spec's ( helps us answer a question)

Koch13351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick reply on my phone doesn't post my sig. Look at my previous posts and it's there. I'm not looking for godly power out of my truck. It runs, it drives, it's proven itself reliable. Wouldn't expect a freight train out of a $600 truck ;)

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Do the 6.9's even use this adapter? I thought they were just on the 7.3's..... I may be wrong...........

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i thought it was a fuel regulator presser sensor LOL

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
These fittings are a straight thru fitting. The have a holes drilled thru them so no pressure monitoring other than the fuel pulse seen by the clamp type method of timing. A pic of your number one injector and line would be great so we can "see" what your engine hard lines appear to be. Reason I ask for this is the 6.9 did not have this adapter but a set of hard lines from a 7.3 could have been installed on this 6.9. It takes plenty of knowing what you are looking at to readily see the differences. I probably would over look something like this. I'm no genius on these engines. I still depend on others to show me the way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online