injector life

gunnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have 142xxx on my original set of injectors, which is probably getting towards the end of their prime, how long do they normally last, if i upgrade will i see and feel a performance increase plus milage increase or? tell me what ya think guys
thanks, gunnie

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some say 100k and some will say longer.
174k on my original pump and injectors...runs great, starts fine and smooth as silk!
I always use Power-Service.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Does she still run smoothly? Whats you fuel milage like?
Bad Ip/Inj's are like worn out shocks. It happens so slowly over time, that you don't really notice it.

gunnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gets about 13.5 or 14 mpg, i'm running 4.10s use it for feeding, doing chores and local trips. starts ok, not great but never fails me. i realize these are not hot rods and i'm not looking for that in this truck, more concerned about dependability and a increase in milage if thats possible

TheBAT

Reaction score
I worry about this as well. My truck is approaching 200,000 miles and I keep waiting for the inevitable.

Kev

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
TheBAT said:
I worry about this as well. My truck is approaching 200,000 miles and I keep waiting for the inevitable.

Kev

I had 254,000 on my '92 witht original pump and injectors when I traded it in. But they were DUE. Changed the pump and injectors on my wifes truck at 156,000 and noticed quite a difference. I think every one is different and it depends on the care (additives and filters), driving style, and quality of fuel. I think climate may come into play also. I live in a dry climate so there's no corrosion to components or critters living in the fuel. It also doesn't get real cold so we don't get condensation in our tanks from temperature fluctuations. Just food for thought.

Tom

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pumps far outlast their performance. You could have a truck with 200K on the original pump and think everything is wonderfull, but you don't realize the pep that you lost along the way, until you switch it out for a new one. For all they cost, putting a new one in every 100K isn't that big a sacrifice.

bikepilot

Turbo IDI
Reaction score
My pump died at 128k miles (started leaking fuel). I repalced it and didn't notice any performance change, but of course fuel mileage was a lot better than when the old one was spraying out diesel! (though no better than it was prior to the old one's failure). I don't drive the truck much - that was almost a year ago and its got 130k miles on it now - still haven't replaced the injectors but probably should sooner or later:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online