Injector leak that bad?

bignastystacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever had an injector or injecors leak so bad it drips down the side of the motor and looks almost like an oil leak>? I was under the impression I had a bad oil leak but after seeing the splash marks around the puddle I think its leaking diesel and just bringing some gunk off with it?

dieselrunner

Reaction score
Happend to me, noticed the black oil patches wherever I parked. Spent some time looking for the start of the leak, down the back of the motor. Finally noticed the wet return lines and pool of diesel, (was leaking off the back and down, collecting all the old oil on its way) Return line kit fixed it. But check your valve cover gaskets too.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its either a broken hard line or the return lines leaking. Do you have all 4 injection line vibration dampners in place on the lines...

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now I am chasing an IP leak that is exactly as you descirbed....initially I thought it was oil, the it looked like coolant - however neither level was dropping....after much frusturation followed the trail back to the area around the valley pan...the way it was flowwing I would not find the orgin without starting the truck and standing on the radiator with the air filter off....I am debating if I want to try and pull the IP this weekend....I jst did my return lines and now I am thinking complete fuel system overhaul....IP, Injectors, and a Raycor filter/seperator.....

dieselrunner

Reaction score
There is a fellow on here who sells them(from what I've read).
Im in canada so I just get ripped off at the dealership.

Typ4 is his name.

johnnyb1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 88 started leaking from top of injectors once. Put new o-rings in them. Cheap and easy fix. Hope yours is same thing. Like I said easy to fix

bignastystacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Return line kit took care of it and it seems to run a bit smoother also...maybe just wishful thinking. Def. easier to start on cold mornings.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Return line kit took care of it and it seems to run a bit smoother also...maybe just wishful thinking. Def. easier to start on cold mornings.

It will start easier because there is no air intrusion to the filter now.