Injector flow issues

ClifFord

Reaction score
This is more of a tip. Ok for the longest time I thought I had a pick-up / water issue in my front tank. I recently made a electric tube and harness so I could drain the sludge/ water from my front tank. This is coming pre filter under the hood. Ok, so I hooked everything up and started the pump. I did use clear tubing on the tool so I could see the progress. With the rear tank selected, it was pumping yet very slowly. Then when I selected the front tank there was no flow at all. So I discovered it was a clog and n the lines not tank issues. Ok, so I opened the fuel cap on the front tank and blew the line with a rubber nozzle on my air hose. I was very slow. Maybe a half second burst the relief then again till the tank burped. Then the fuel flow was amazing from the front and rear tank. I thought I was having HP issues because after the engine was hot it didn't want to start back. But all this time it was a low flow issue. I never would have found it if not for rigging a electric pump with clear lines. Now it's like I have a brand new engine. All smoking stoped and runs all day a starts right back up.
So this is for all to try before spending so much money on new injectors or pumps. Noone every told me anything like this before so I just want to put it out there for everyone.

Sent from my cp3705A using Tapatalk

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like some shower head rubber or other type of debris got into the tank switching valve.

ClifFord

Reaction score
Ya, something. After I blew out the hose both front and rear flow great. I'm going to replace both pick-ups in the future.

RetiringColt

Reaction score
At first glance my shower heads looked fine. I removed the sender and found the plastic screen was almost blocked by black goo. It wouldn't clear by back purging either. The tanks were clean. No accumulation anywhere else inside. I had a sunk float in one tank and bad level sender in the other. Replaced them both and installed new shower heads and new switching valve. Runs much better now. So I suggest pulling the senders to have a look if your still having trouble. I've read that people have been able to pull the senders without dropping the tank or pulling the bed?

ClifFord

Reaction score
I'm going to swap out the bed for a service body anyway so I can get it all out together then.