In Need Of A Little Powerstroke Advice

BED BOLTS

Reaction score
NEW TO SITE, BUT I HAVE BEEN READING ALOT ON THIS SITE. I JUST STARTED USE WMO AND IT RUN GREAT AT 50/50 BUT IT DOES SMOKE AT IDLE. THE MILEAGE CHANGED TO. I WENT FROM 13.5 HWY TO 18. THIS TRUCK IS F-350 FORD 2000 WITH 170,000 MILE NO PROBLEMS AT ALL JUST THE SMOKE AT IDLE, IT DIDNT SMOKE AT ALL BEFORE USING WMO. IS THIS BAD? IT SEEM OTHER ARE TALKING RING AND STUFF.

sassyrel

Reaction score
bedbolts--shut the caps lock off!!! makes people think you are shouting on the internet-------------------and smokes a bit--wmo when cold will do that--or tooo much idling

BED BOLTS

Reaction score
sorry about the caps! the smoke is blueish but when i step on it a little black. i drove for 200 miles and coming to a stop still smoke, but like i said earlyer the gas mileage went up. why is that? i would like to go stronger on the mix, what do you guys think?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
sorry about the caps! the smoke is blueish but when i step on it a little black. i drove for 200 miles and coming to a stop still smoke, but like i said earlyer the gas mileage went up. why is that? i would like to go stronger on the mix, what do you guys think?

My guess would be since its been cool here lately, and that you havent been heating the oil in the tanks, that is what is causing your problems.

On the other hand, the fuel has to go through the fuel rails on the head, or something along those lines, so the fuel should be warm before it hits the cylinders.

Your milage went up because WMO has around 30,000 BTU's more than diesel, more BTU's means more fuel milage. This is why ethanol gets such crappy fuel milage compared to regular gas, because it has way less BTU's compared to gas.

BED BOLTS

Reaction score
thanks for the information! do you think it will hurt anything? iam heading out to walla walla for work and going to bring my trailer back. the weight on that is 16500lbs a nice tow. what is your mix fordguy100?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
thanks for the information! do you think it will hurt anything? iam heading out to walla walla for work and going to bring my trailer back. the weight on that is 16500lbs a nice tow. what is your mix fordguy100?

I dont currently run a mix, I'm getting all the stuff together though so I can run at least a 50/50 mix though, I'm thinking more along the lines of a 75/25 WMO/Diesel (or Kerosene) mix.

You should be able to pull the trailer, I dont see any problem towing it. Do you have any gauges? If you have a Pyro, you might have to watch it. I think WMO burns a little hotter than diesel. I would take it a little on the easy side, but dont be afraid to go WOT (wide open throttle). You should be good.

BED BOLTS

Reaction score
did my mix to night and man this thing smokes! but the smoke like said earlyer is blueish, but if you step on it, it goes to some black smoke! any comments from any one. the mix is still about 50/50. run fine.....

BED BOLTS

Reaction score
no but i do baby this truck! no rush when i pull. the only thing that i have done to this truck i just put in a tran, 4" from turbo and a bigger wast gate, a new blade in the turbo, and the super chip controller which is set on low. leaving this morning will be back friday let you guys no! still no comment on the blue smoke at idle! this does run great, i had never got over 14mpg ever!

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So youre running a SCMT and WMO without a pyro?

Best wishes. I'm outta here. ;)

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Been gone for a while trying to keep my business afloat. I'm assuming WMO is waste motor oil? What has to be done to run that? Filtering, etc?

As far as the original questions, it would take you about a day (working steady but not fast) to do the harnesses, GP's & injectors. I did mine in a day & a half stopping to tend to business matters, kids, & had little clue about what I was doing. It's pretty simple stuff once you get the valve covers off.

If you decide to go down this road, be sure to get all the oil out of the injector cups before you put the new injectors in & crank it over. You can mop it out or get a mini vac & suck it out. The other way to do it is to leave a GP out & bump the key to evacuate the oil. This will make a huge mess though. The oil sprays out of the GP hole all over EVERYTHING. Don't ask how I know. Just like everyone said, the motor should come out to do the dipstick right but you may be able to get by with quick fix. Don't let the other stuff scare you off though. It's not that bad to fix that stuff.

BED BOLTS

Reaction score
What is a SCMT? Just back from Walla Walla, Wa. ran great but it smoked bad. I stopped off at bigs truck stop and smoked everyone out! My mix is only 60%diesel and 40% wmo. I had to pull my trailer back in a head wind 6miles to the gal (nice). I had to put in just diesel got home it still smoke a little at idle, tail pipe is nice and black!

BED BOLTS

Reaction score
streaker do you run wmo? if you do what your mix and do you have any problems! or do you know anyone on the form i can talk to? yes i do run a scmt on the low setting.

thanks

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online