Important-Please Help

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
Batterys went dead in my truck today so I was having my sister jump it and she put the cables on backward on my truck and now no lights or anything works. What do I check first?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Fuses.
chances are you popped a few, hopefully that's the extent of it. Your alternator was probably not real happy about the situation .

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you go through your fuse blocks? Check all your fuses with a meter. When you hooked up the cables the right way to jump it does anything work then? If not your batteries might be shot now. They will have a internal meltdown when hooked up like that. I'm not sure what to say else to check. I've never had to deal with that yet.

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
Well they werent hooked up, just tapped on it and it made a HUGE and loud spark so she dropped them. Ill go look at fuses. I dont have a meter to use. It was on the driverside battery and it was kind of crappy anyways. I just need to get it running because it's getting picked up monday. Sold it for $2,500 without rims and tires, and other non essential mods I made.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check the fusible links at the start relay near the battery.

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
Well I went out and left my driver side door open to see when the light kicked on to see what I had done worked and I checked the cables and as soon as I moved the ground everything kicked back on. I cleaned all the connections and she starts like a champ now.

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
Well she had the negative side of the cable still attached to the positive side of the battery when I got over so Im positive thats what happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online