I'm still falling in love...for now...

Desertfireguy

Reaction score
Yeah, manual trans and haven't noticed any issues with braking. It probably wouldn't hurt to do the rears, but they aren't squeaking yet.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally retired from the USAF on 1 Apr 2015 ;Sweet, so I'm only about 2 weeks into real retirement. Looking to get a little more active on here again and have a little fun tinkering with her in between fishing trips :Thumbs Up.
congrats on the retirement. what was your MOS? the curious want to know :D
the run from NV to TX isn't that rough. I commute from central TX to Kali. there's no steep hills to speak of other than the grapevine and pacheco and you don't see either from los veggies.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brake light keeps coming on, but I have realized they're a bit mushy. The sensors do go bad and aren't very expensive either. It's a good thing to don't have an auto, because it would be going ape ****. Lol

Desertfireguy

Reaction score
Sorry for the slow reply, but no, haven't noticed any braking issues. I'm not too ******* them as is, so maybe I need to try a few hard stops. Guess it could be time to do the rears. Dreading it too!

Desertfireguy

Reaction score
congrats on the retirement. what was your MOS? the curious want to know :D
the run from NV to TX isn't that rough. I commute from central TX to Kali. there's no steep hills to speak of other than the grapevine and pacheco and you don't see either from los veggies.

My mos was 3E7 Firefighter. Best job in the AF if you're enlisted! Can't remember where the big hills were on my drive from Vegas. Maybe over the south end of the Rocky Mtn range? I remember being over 10000 ft in certain areas (according to the GPS).

On a side note, I've been thinking about getting a 7.3 van, but the fella wants $3k for it. Seems like its in decent shape. Pretty sure it has the e4od trans and I'm a bit weary of those given them multiple threads. Thoughts?

Desertfireguy

Reaction score
Don't know how comfortable I'd be doing a swap like that. Where the heck would the shifter even go?!? Would I have to get someone in the backseat to shift for me? Is there room for a master cylinder under the cramped hood?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know how comfortable I'd be doing a swap like that. Where the heck would the shifter even go?!? Would I have to get someone in the backseat to shift for me? Is there room for a master cylinder under the cramped hood?

No front seat shifting

Need pedals from manual van same era..should be MC for clutch there included.

It has been done and posted here search n yee shall find

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle