I'm buying this rig.

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have too, The zf5's are definitely better than the nv4500 IMO.

The body was rougher than I expected. Lotsa floor rust, mold and everything else. Doesn't matter though I could easily double my money on selling the parts if I wanted.

I'll post pics of it tomorrow, It's pretty bad.

19jackal90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's most likely an old ZF-5, not worth much in my book after we had a few grenade themselves in front of big goose-necks. :eek:

if thats happening its gotta be way the f$%^ over its towing cap. my bro towed a 23k pound backhoe on a gooseneck 12 miles up and down side roads and hills with his '79 monster before he put the utility bed in the pics on.

Attachments

• blue1.jpg
    blue1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 10
  • blue2.jpg
    blue2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 16
  • blue3.jpg
    blue3.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 8
  • blue4.jpg
    blue4.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 12

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if thats happening its gotta be way the f$%^ over its towing cap. my bro towed a 23k pound backhoe on a gooseneck 12 miles up and down side roads and hills with his '79 monster before he put the utility bed in the pics on.

No real big weight; just 28 x 8 and 32 x 8 gooseneck cattle-trailers; fifteen or sixteen cows averaging between 1500 and 1800 apiece.

Average trip one way of around five- to seven-hundred miles, mostly interstate.

My old T-19 stood it for years with the same oil in it today that Ford put in it new. :eek:

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I do not believe a zf can handle the same abuse a t19 can. Its good to hear props about the zf as I went through great pains to get a crew cab 4x4 with a zf. I tow a Ford 555 4x4 around locally on a 9 ton tag. the zf has been good to me despite it needing 3rd and 4th syncros. I really want a brownie auxillary trans for my rig. Maybe you can take the '85 cab off of its frame, fix it up and F-superduty it.

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here it is.

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member