If this will fit, I call Dibs!!!!!!!!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's your animal. they have the wrong year app. listed. good for you, others will be looking at it and scratching their heads.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Nope,that ain't what you need.Totally wrong tranny.....yep.....that is it......Now what is my Ebay password......B-)

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. that's a 2WD tranny, alright. But...like towcat said, they have the wrong year listed. They didnt' use the S5-42 after 1994 behind diesels...the PSD has a S5-47 behind it, with an internal slave cylinder.

But, I imagine you need a 4x4 tranny unless you're going to use a divorced transfer case...and converting a 2WD ZF5 to a 4x4 version ain't gonna happen... :(

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
The Warden said:
Yep. that's a 2WD tranny, alright. But...like towcat said, they have the wrong year listed. They didnt' use the S5-42 after 1994 behind diesels...the PSD has a S5-47 behind it, with an internal slave cylinder.

But, I imagine you need a 4x4 tranny unless you're going to use a divorced transfer case...and converting a 2WD ZF5 to a 4x4 version ain't gonna happen... :(

and that is why I aint doing nothing but bidding! So don't shoot or break out the clubs, it is yours. But if a 4wd one shows up like that, sorry dude, I will looking at it REAL hard... :angel:

Camarogenius

Reaction score
Actually, I do have a divorced transfer case. I also have a married one.
I'd prefer a 4x2. if all I can find is a 4x4 that's what I'll use, but 4x2 is what my current plan calls for, and would be the cheaper route.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
I couldn't really tell - but it looked like it has the starter cast into it. That makes it a 460 model, right?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
82fordtruck said:
I couldn't really tell - but it looked like it has the starter cast into it. That makes it a 460 model, right?
Even on the diesels, there is a bulge for the starter in the bellhousing. Just, on our engines, the starter bolts thread into the adapter plate and not into the bellhousing itself. So, unless there was a closeup picture of the engine side of that part of the bellhousing, it's hard to tell by looking at where the starter goes.

Looking at the data plate, the listed ratios are for a diesel (g@$ ZF5's have a 0.76 OD gear ratio and a lower 1st gear ratio). So, I think it's safe to say that it is in fact a diesel tranny...

tractorman86

Reaction score
Camarogenius said:
Actually, I do have a divorced transfer case. I also have a married one.
I'd prefer a 4x2. if all I can find is a 4x4 that's what I'll use, but 4x2 is what my current plan calls for, and would be the cheaper route.
;Really really :Sly wanna get rid of that married transfer i think i have a stretched chain in my bw1356

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online