Idler pulley brgs.....

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
....seems one of mine has developed a nasty squeal that is getting louder and annoying WW and in effect---annoying me LOL

I can't seem to find any info on just the brgs :confused:...are they even serviceable?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
maybe, is it worth it....meh....back when i worked at the parts store the pulleys were in the 10-20 doller range in general. sometimes we wouldent list them for all vehicles but if it was a slower night i would bring out the boxes and 90% of the time we could match one up. just dont be a **** and pull a bunch out of there boxes and leave the guy at the counter to figure out where they go back:mad:.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I thought the part number was 6623 for the bearings but I can't find them but I don't think the whole new pulley is very much almost not worth the hassle

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
geo PM doubleS for the SD mod. It cost about the same as replacing the OBS style tensioner and works better.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I didn't see the rest of your question earlier but yes the idler pulleys are replacebal if they are the steel pulleys

Big Rig do by chance have the bearing numbers?

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
geo already has he sd mod, something about a sawzall in the parking lot if I recall.
I do know those pulleys are getting more expensive, last I checked napa had them cheapest.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
geo already has he sd mod, something about a sawzall in the parking lot if I recall.
I do know those pulleys are getting more expensive, last I checked napa had them cheapest.

ooh bouy...you remember that LOL

So...anyone have the NAPA #s...I see 6623 and 6203 posted....the only stock OBS one is the very top one--between alt and A/C= smooth pulley....the other one {two} are on the SD tensioner....

:thanks: for the help guys :cheers:

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score

Not around here :frustrate:....Napa wants almost $60 for both pulley assys and $80 for the whole tensioner---no brainer there ...BUTT----nobody has just the brgs...all I get is deer in headlights looks from the parts drone cookoo

My dual tensioner is 4 years old and over 150 kmi so I may just go ahead and replace the whole thing......they want $38 just for the upper smooth idler....

BigRigTech said:
I did all mine, $3 a piece from the local bearing supplier...Piece of cake.

Care to elaborate please :D

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I replaced mine with bearings from napa but I had to give them a number they don't have an application listed for them. I can't remember for sure what the number is though if your truck is down anyhow you may want to take a bearing out and see if you can read the numbers

lwillson

Reaction score
I used an arbor press to change mine. I want to say they are a 6205 bearing, but I cant say for sure, without seeing the old ones. It doesnt take much pressure to push them out. I didnt want to hammer them out, as it might have bent the idler.

They are a very generic bearing, most bearing or farm service places will have them.

I will look for the number tonight when I get home

sassyrel

Reaction score
MOST of the bearings used in idlers--are the very same bearing that is in the front of gm,ford,and chr alts----and any parts store ought to have em--DONT beat on the inside of the bearing when you put the new one in the pulley---------