IDI's are worthless

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
Atleast thats what some people believe.

Here is a vid clip of a Pull in Cali, the guy driving the idi was just home from deployment and just pulled in to see what everyone was doing and the crew applied the required amount of pressure to go ahead and hook his truck. The Dmax that pulls right before the idi is Nick Diamico, his truck was around 600hp at the time. The idi is bone stock, newbie driver and underweight.

Dmax is at 5:15 and the idi is at 6:15

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3075995218271709226#

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
it might have been a run away motor and been burnin oil but, a full pull is a full pull.

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
there is no doubt it was a runaway and that is was feeding on oil. the best part was the sound of the motor, as soon as it got ahol of the oil you heard the exhaust get deeper and he picked up a good 500rpm's.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't have to watch it. I remember it well. Sure wish the owner had made it somewhere on the net so we could have done a Paul Harvey on him.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
So...with a turned up pump and an oil catch, he could have done a full pull witout the problems. And would not need a new clutch.

SWS

DragRag

Reaction score
Damn, the old truck shamed a bunch of new iron. I never expected to see that as underpowered these trucks are by comparison. That was very cool.

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
It was good to see one of our trucks performing as good or better than those expensive new trucks with all the electronics and gadgets.

I have many friends that come to visit me at my farm with their new trucks and they will not go through the mud pits and pull the trailer loads that I pull with my old "Bull".

Thanks for the vid Abull78. It was good to see you back too.

May the Lord our God give us the wisdom and courage to love and care for each other. These are not the times to waste it in silly arguments while our country is burning down.

Burt.
A bitterclinger Florida *******.

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
Thanks Burt, I think that vid shows us that with something as simple as a stuck CDR blasting oil into the intake the IDI can throw down some power, maybe we show make a sticky on that or atleast at it to the High Horse power sticky,.....oh wait

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess the lesson from that video is that if you don't worry about reliability, and you can get the fuel and the air in there, you can really make it go. I want to know "the rest of the story" though. Did that engine survive the run? Headgaskets? Melt anything? We won't seem to ever know.